Jump to content

The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

R.I.P John Sillett. Coventry were always the local rival for the Villa in the early 90s when the other Midlands clubs were down in the lower leagues. I always had a massive respect for what he had done at Highfield Road and he always seemed a wonderful man. 

Posted

Psychology of the Merseyside derby tonight is all over the place. Some blues hoping we get tonked so Benitez leaves. Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job. Can't see anything but a 3 or 4-0 in Liverpool's favour. No one goes home happy.

  • Paid Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Psychology of the Merseyside derby tonight is all over the place. Some blues hoping we get tonked so Benitez leaves. Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job. Can't see anything but a 3 or 4-0 in Liverpool's favour. No one goes home happy.

Football would be so ace without the fans.

  • Paid Members
Posted
47 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Psychology of the Merseyside derby tonight is all over the place. Some blues hoping we get tonked so Benitez leaves. Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job. Can't see anything but a 3 or 4-0 in Liverpool's favour. No one goes home happy.

sick team america GIF

Posted
41 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Football would be so ace without the fans.

Hoping for a 'both these guys' chant from the away end.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Pinc said:

Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job.

I'm genuinely struggling to believe this. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm genuinely struggling to believe this. 

Same here but this is the club that had a fan freely admit that when Benitez became Chelsea manager he was hurt, then went for a long walk and realised it was like an ex getting a new partner and that helped soften the blow. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

When the Liverpool fans sing Rafa's La Bamba song at half time as they walk off whilst leading will be the exact moment the board realise it isn't going to work.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Anyone else enjoy United's 3-1 victory over Arsenal yesterday evening? 

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Posted
13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone else enjoy United's 3-1 victory over Arsenal yesterday evening? 

I bet that goal led to some heated discussions from both fans on the way back to Euston. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I bet that goal led to some heated discussions from both fans on the way back to Euston. 

Yes, we follow you on Twitter.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’ll never forget going to a mates birthday in Twickenham on a Saturday, jumping on the train back to Manchester on the Sunday at Euston and my carriage being full of United fans heading up the country for the “Chelsea home game.” It’s a joke but… on this day at least, it was true.

Posted
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I’ll never forget going to a mates birthday in Twickenham on a Saturday, jumping on the train back to Manchester on the Sunday at Euston and my carriage being full of United fans heading up the country for the “Chelsea home game.” It’s a joke but… on this day at least, it was true.

My very favourite spin on this was when I worked in town, there was a Champions League game against Real Madrid. I finished work and went to the Market Street tram stop where a couple of Spanish lads in Real tops were giving directions to a couple of chaps wearing Man Utd tops and advising which tram they needed to catch to get to Old Trafford. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone else enjoy United's 3-1 victory over Arsenal yesterday evening? 

I thought we won 2-1? If you exclude goals from rapists, that is. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...