The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

TIL thatĀ Scott Minto, Brian Deane, Dean Saunders, Mark Pembridge, Michael Thomas, Steve Harkness and Gary Charles all played for Benfica.

No recollection of any of that!

I feel like Souness was involved. Was Souness involved?Ā 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Ah well. Emery's just confirmed he's jibbed us off.

Probably Howe then, innit?

I'm increasingly convinced that the Saudis know we're heading down and are just getting their ducks in a row, ready for a proper rebuild.

Neil Warnock then next season.Ā 

• Paid Members

I love how there's no right answer in football. We slate clubs when end up panic buying and when there's no openness with supporters. It fosters negativity and is blamed all season for problems. Then you get Villa. Sold their best player for an incredible fee. Were open and honest with their supporters about the reasons and the succession plan. They've long identified three players who would bring a different dimension to them post-Grealish. They've done their research, tracked them for ages and done good deals for a lot of money. Absolutely textbook. A+

And they're still shit.

16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I love how there's no right answer in football. We slate clubs when end up panic buying and when there's no openness with supporters. It fosters negativity and is blamed all season for problems. Then you get Villa. Sold their best player for an incredible fee. Were open and honest with their supporters about the reasons and the succession plan. They've long identified three players who would bring a different dimension to them post-Grealish. They've done their research, tracked them for ages and done good deals for a lot of money. Absolutely textbook. A+

And they're still shit.

At least Arsenal might be able to compete with them in the market if they go down.

I'm probably clutching at straws but Villa haven't really been able to play Bailey, Ings and Watkins as a front 3 so far.

Beundia is a good player but I do think they'd be better with another deeper midfielder to play alongside McGinn and Douglas Luiz.

They tried playing Grealish in the number 10 role a couple of times before and it never really worked out results wise so he always ended up getting moved back to the left of the front 3.

• Paid Members

Yeah as a Villa fan the amount of injuries has been horrendous. However they are not performing at all well and I fear for Dean Smith's job which is a shame cause he is a very likable man. But truth is Villa are in relegation scrap and the very rich owners are only going to take so much after spending Ā£300 million.Ā