Elimination Chamber 2021

Supremo

• Paid Members

The thing about "business tanking" with Daniel Bryan on top that I never agreed with and hated that he took the blame and blamed himself for was that his first top run he wasn't even Champion, he was wrestling against a lukewarm piss puddle Randy Orton, Triple H and Stephanie were the focus of the feud and they were just absolutely fucking boring dog shit every week and the story was babyface vs authority figure which everyone had seen a million times before. They then humiliated and shit all over his character every week. If you look at the rest of the card of those ppvs Bryan headlined in that period they are absolutely terrible with no engaging stories or matches at all. Business tanked because the product was shit. I hate that Bryan was blamed for it.

Edited by LaGoosh

Like someone said it's self fulfilling prophecy. It's why they treat Edge like a star, because he's tall and blonde, despite nobody giving a about Edge and him tanking interest in mania season. It's a depressing state. They should be chucking those billions Cena's way.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The thing about "business tanking" with Daniel Bryan on top that I never agreed with and hated that he took the blame and blamed himself for was that his first top run he wasn't even Champion, he was wrestling against a lukewarm piss puddle Randy Orton, Triple H and Stephanie were the focus of the feud and they were just absolutely fucking boring dog shit every week and the story was babyface vs authority figure which everyone had seen a million times before. They then humiliated and shit all over his character every week. If you look at the rest of the card of those ppvs Bryan headlined in that period they are absolutely terrible with no engaging stories or matches at all. Business tanked because the product was shit. I hate that Bryan was blamed for it.

Well they wanted to prove everyone wrong as usual and that they were right all along. It’s amazing how many times they do that at the expense of money. It definitely wasn’t Bryan’s fault, but in their minds (and his own for some reason) it was because they never wanted him there to begin with. Yet they gave Roman 4 years with business dying every month and never once stopped trying with him because they wanted him to succeed and to prove they were right as usual.

1 minute ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Like someone said it's self profiling prophecy. It's why they treat Edge like a star, because he's tall and blonde, despite nobody giving a about Edge and him tanking interest in mania season. It's a depressing state. They should be chucking those billions Cena's way.

It’s not edges fault either though. Who could possibly give a shit about these shows, no matter who is in title programs? That’s like blaming Drew for Raw losing half of its audience. 

If they do go with Lashley/Drew at Wrestlemania, I hope they actually put Lashley over. The Hurt Business is without a doubt the most interesting thing on RAW, so it makes sense to me that you would have your show revolve around it for a bit. 

Edited by RedRooster
Accidentally wrote "The Hurt Locker". Oops.

2 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

It’s not edges fault either though. Who could possibly give a shit about these shows, no matter who is in title programs? That’s like blaming Drew for Raw losing half of its audience. 

Yeah I'm not blaming the wrestlers, even if Edge is booking his own way to Wrestlemania. There's only one man that has the final say at the end of the day.

They just don't care anymore. Now less than ever. It's just mindless content to fill time.

Fans wanted "change and unpredictability" guess we got it.

The Bryan situation is kinda what I said the other week, putting guys/favourites into the title mix close to mania that aren't winning should put heat on Reigns but instead it's on WWE for not giving fans what they want.

It's been pretty clear Edge vs Roman is where they were heading and it started to build nicely but now it's seen as "boring and predictable".

I'm sure in WWE mind RR battering Bryan is the right thing to get more heat (which it is) but alot of fans won't be worked.

It's all a confusing mess these days

Edited by The Cutting Edge

38 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Fans wanted "change and unpredictability" guess we got it.

The Bryan situation is kinda what I said the other week, putting guys/favourites into the title mix close to mania that aren't winning should put heat on Reigns but instead it's on WWE for not giving fans what they want.

It's been pretty clear Edge vs Roman is where they were heading and it started to build nicely but now it's seen as "boring and predictable".

I'm sure in WWE mind RR battering Bryan is the right thing to get more heat (which it is) but alot of fans won't be worked.

It's all a confusing mess these days

I don’t think it’s boring or predictable, necessarily, it’s just a worst story than Bryan/Reigns.

They’ve actually done a tremendous job of building Edge/Roman, and had they kept Bryan well enough away from it I’d have been more than happy with them going that route.

But babyface Bryan vs heel Roman is the most natural, exciting feud in the whole industry at the minute. It’s one of the best baby faces of all time against someone who’s certainly the best heel in some years, and might make an argument over time of being one of the best ever.

Adding Bryan to the mix this close to Mania was a fucking disaster. An absolute fucking disaster, as you’ve just cooled something off that would have been perfectly fine.

If there were fans there, I’d guarantee we’d get to Mania and Bryan would be facing Jey Uso in the opener for the chance of getting into the main event. I’m convinced the fans would be turning on Edge over this.

Madness.

I'd have put KO in Bryan's spot to finish up there story.

That's the issue with Bryan in the spot, they must've known teasing that story is asking for trouble.

Fans getting something stuck in there head can also be a detriment, like Rock vs Reigns "was" happening at Mania but 'typical WWE failed to deliver"  even though Vince would chew his arm off to get that match this year.