Elimination Chamber 2021

Supremo

30 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

If he hadn't won the title I'd have sworn Miz and JoMo Vs Bunny and Priest and the rub it would have given Priest could turn him into the rockstar Babyface they seem to see him as.

Surely it's going to be Miz/Morrison vs. Bunny/Priest? I'm assuming MVP's discussion with Miz was an offer of Lashley's help, on the understanding that he gets a title shot at Fast Lane (or perhaps even on RAW)

From there I'd imagine Lashley will squash Miz, leading to Bunny mocking him, perhaps Miz costing Bunny the 24/7 title in retaliation, and then we get our tag match (and Lashley/Drew)

Although I have to admit, having a celebrity challenge for the WWE title would probably be the most interesting thing they've done with that belt since the pandemic began. 

Yeah I feel like this is set up for Lashley to take the belt from the Miz either on Raw tonight or at Fastlane. They’ll then do Lashley and McIntyre at Mania so Drew can win the belt in front of an audience which he obviously couldn’t do last year. Miz will then probably team with Morrison against Priest and Bad Bunny. 

• Paid Members

I was stunned by how short the whole thing was. Fast lane is a stupid idea. This should be it until Mania now, but instead they'll shuffle everything around with less than 2 weeks until the show itself. Ridiculous. I kind of saw the sense in Reigns putting Bryan away so quickly, especially if it led to him having to go through the Usos on the first night at Mania to get a match with Roman the other night. Edge going over (especially if it's clean) will surely be the undoing of everything they've been trying to do with Roman. Also I suspect Roman isprobably going to get a massive pop if there is a live crowd at Mania this year because people are loving his character. Hopefully they now respect him like they did Eddie Guerrero during his last he run and Edge whenever he was a heel and they know the right thing to do is boo him. Is it unreasonable to suspect they might do Daniel Bryan & Christian Vs the Usos? 

First things first, it lifts the spirits when you put this on and you see a nice short runtime. There’s nothing worse than selecting the event and it saying it’s the best part of four hours or longer. 

Baron Corbin is so similar to Aaron from the paranormal investigators team who recently spent a week in the Cecil Hotel on Discovery Plus that it was nice to see him not being terrified by the ghost of the Night Stalker. I was waiting for Brock to come out at the end; can’t say who did come out filled me with anticipation for Drew’s match at Mania. Urgh Miz.

I can honestly say I don’t think anything on this event stood out for me. It’s not them though it’s me. I’m getting shut of the network after Wrestlemania; I just don’t find it enjoyable anymore. I’m doing a nostalgia run of my favourite events before it goes and that’s been great.

• Paid Members

All this talk of Miz and Bad Bunny at Mania, but I really can’t see that happening. I’m sure The Miz is going to drop it back tonight or at Fastlane to Drew or even to Lashley. And then Lashley vs Drew will happen at Mania. 

They can’t be that stupid to have Bad Bunny challenge for the WWE title at Mania surely? I get what people are saying about him being a big star over there etc but I can’t see it. He and Miz will probably have a match but not for the title. 

Also, The Miz absolutely should’ve had another run with the WWE title... in 2016 after the Talking Smack incident or when Bryan returned. Not now ffs. 

Decent enough show. First Chamber was the better of the two. I have no idea how the women’s tag match went as I decided to do some reading instead of watching another Nia Jax match. 

Christ I've seen some ropey booking by fans this morning, matches they want read like a shit ppv on 2K. 

WWE championship Miz vs Morrison 

UNIVERSAL REIGNS vs Cesaro (wins)

IC Big E vs Apollo (wins) 

Anyway, if Lashley is going to mania as WWE champion then I'd have kept the US title on him, more gold the better to make him look legit.

Roman wins too much!!! was all over FB when I opened it, and that's why he's above the rest of the roster, is it the ROH affect that alot of fans don't like winners or dominant guys anymore, they blame 50/50 booking for no stars but want RR to go 15 on smackdown with Otis so everyone can shine.

I’m wondering what enormous multi million dollar media deal they’re going to announce this week.

Usually when the booking gets to the absolute lowest shite imaginable, they Chuck out a press release saying they’ve signed a $400m deal for something and we all just laugh at the absurdity of the wrestling business.

29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Why are we talking about Bobby Lashley main eventing Wrestlemania? Is Brock Lesnar’s phone not working?! Someone send a fucking pigeon!

I thought they’d bring Brock back to face Lashley, to be honest.

If they don’t do Miz/Bunny (still utterly convinced they will), and it is some combination of Drew, Miz and Lashley, then that’s proper shit isn’t it? Like, worst ever level shit. They’ll probably chuck Strowman in, too.

Raw is such garbage.

What’s worst is, Lashley HAS been great recently. But for his coronation to work, he has to be squashing people.

But, they won’t look after him as much as Goldberg or Lesnar, so within a month of him having proper matches I’m fairly sure they’ll realise why he’s spent more time on Main Event than in the main event.

8 minutes ago, Factotum said:

WWE really have never grasped with that they have with Bryan have they?

Well the trouble is, they put him on top through gritted teeth. And then, as he admits in his book, business tanked with him on top and they will have felt vindicated. Even though they didn't really try to begin with. So now he's labelled as a guy hard-cores like but who will never be able to cut it on top as he's already failed before, even though it was through their own shitty booking as usual. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.