Elimination Chamber 2021

Supremo

• Paid Members

Didn't Punk win his first title in similar circumstances? Batista beat Cena down, then he trotted out with the briefcase to cash in?

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Didn't Punk win his first title in similar circumstances? Batista beat Cena down, then he trotted out with the briefcase to cash in?

It's not the circumstances I'm referring to - it's his position on the card and the way he was booked prior to winning the title. He won the MITB briefcase through a skit, has been farting around with Morrison in some of the worst WWE skits in recent memory and has generally been made to look horrendous. 

Punk, Edge etc were made to look opportunistic - but they weren't made to look like utter non-entities prior to their respective title wins. 

Miz is comparable to the likes of Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal and Dolph Ziggler (who was literally declared World Heavyweight champion by Vickie Guerrero before losing the belt almost immediately) but I'm not even sure they were made to look like as much of a chump as he has in the run up to becoming champion. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Christ I've seen some ropey booking by fans this morning, matches they want read like a shit ppv on 2K. 

WWE championship Miz vs Morrison 

UNIVERSAL REIGNS vs Cesaro (wins)

IC Big E vs Apollo (wins) 

Anyway, if Lashley is going to mania as WWE champion then I'd have kept the US title on him, more gold the better to make him look legit.

Roman wins too much!!! was all over FB when I opened it, and that's why he's above the rest of the roster, is it the ROH affect that alot of fans don't like winners or dominant guys anymore, they blame 50/50 booking for no stars but want RR to go 15 on smackdown with Otis so everyone can shine.

Why are you constantly whinging and moaning about fans opinions? Genuine question. Almost every single one of your posts is about how stupid fans are or why they're wrong, or daft shit you've read on Facebook/Youtube/Twitter. Why do you care so much? And why do you feel the need to go on about it on here where most of the opinions you argue against don't exist?

Lastly, how is WWE teasing their fanbase with a Reigns vs Bryan program then taking it away to do Reigns vs Edge "fans getting something stuck in there head"? 

For all the talk of Bryan being wasted (which admittedly he is) just to get to the Edge match, isn’t Bryan on the Smackdown writing team now? So wouldn’t he have a hand in his own downfall? Or is this pure “Vince is a mad old idiot”and Bryan’s hands are tied?

Watching the show, it was blindingly obvious that Miz was going to cash in. From Byron telegraphing it at the start of the US Title match (“Don’t forget, Miz could cash in tonight”) to putting him in the pre-match package, I’d have been more surprised if he didn’t cash in.

But putting the belt on him a) at all and b) this close to Wrestlemania, fuck that. If Miz goes into Wrestlemania as Champion, thats it, I’m done. I’ve been watching less & less in the last couple of years, but that will be the final nail in the coffin. 

And what a fuck you to Drew as well. You’ve had to be the top guy in one of the most challenging periods of the business and the World in general, and 7 weeks away from being back in front of paying fans, we’re going to take the belt off you for no fucking reason (again).

5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

For all the talk of Bryan being wasted (which admittedly he is) just to get to the Edge match, isn’t Bryan on the Smackdown writing team now? So wouldn’t he have a hand in his own downfall? Or is this pure “Vince is a mad old idiot”and Bryan’s hands are tied?

To be fair, I can't imagine Bryan ever suggesting something as brazen as "I think I should main event Wrestlemania this year" - tremendously awkward, and it goes against the kind of person he seems to be. 

Edited by RedRooster

5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

To be fair, I can't think of anything more awkward or against the kind of person Bryan seems to be than to brazenly suggest "I think I should main event Wrestlemania this year". 

And that’s probably why he never will, because he’s seemingly too nice a guy. He’s swimming with the sharks

Edited by WyattSheepMask

It’s entirely possible that Daniel Bryan, the man, is just as blind to the possibilities/potential of Daniel Bryan, the character.

He could have booked every single second of last night and I’d still say it was dumb and unnecessarily burdened Edge/Roman with the stink of not being as good as what could have been.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

If they do go with Lashley/Drew at Wrestlemania, I hope they actually put Lashley over. The Hurt Business is without a doubt the most interesting thing on RAW, so it makes sense to me that you would have your show revolve around it for a bit. 

To some extent, Lashley should go over because he's been quality for the best part of ten months and he has had some pretty decent matches in that time. However, will they put him over properly? Think of how many folk bided their time to finally take the belt at Wrestlemania only to be booked like absolute numpties afterwards. If they're going all in on Lashley then they need to be all in. Book him squash matches until someone from NXT is ready or they have a Brock/Goldberg match due. Mysterio, Benoit, Kingston all forgettable because THE MOMENT got lost in the crap that followed, in terms of story arcs. Obviously there's other reasons for Benoit but on a purely wrestling basis, the high from each of their wins was undone more or less the next show after Mania.

There's just no point putting the title on them unless they follow through like they did with Drew. 

19 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I don’t know if anyone else caught it, but Michael Cole saying Lashley is the longest reigning US Champion since Sheamus in 2014 when it was actually Dean Ambrose made me laugh. I know why they do it, but their pettiness in changing history always amazes me. 

What he said was correct, it was the longest reign since Sheamus lost it in 2014. Bobby held the belt for 175 days, no-one had held it for longer since Sheamus dropped the belt after 183 days. Its how you frame it, like I could say “Riddle is the longest reigning US Champion since Bobby Lashley last held the belt”

It’s Cole taking a page out of Obi Wan’s book, “What I told you was true, from a certain point of view”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

8 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

To some extent, Lashley should go over because he's been quality for the best part of ten months and he has had some pretty decent matches in that time. However, will they put him over properly? Think of how many folk bided their time to finally take the belt at Wrestlemania only to be booked like absolute numpties afterwards. If they're going all in on Lashley then they need to be all in. Book him squash matches until someone from NXT is ready or they have a Brock/Goldberg match due. Mysterio, Benoit, Kingston all forgettable because THE MOMENT got lost in the crap that followed, in terms of story arcs. Obviously there's other reasons for Benoit but on a purely wrestling basis, the high from each of their wins was undone more or less the next show after Mania.

There's just no point putting the title on them unless they follow through like they did with Drew. 

Firstly, the examples you give are all small guys compared to Lashley - I don't imagine that Vince will have the same hang-ups with him as he did with them. 

Secondly, they can't very well operate on a basis of "we can't put the belt on him in case we fuck it up afterwards", if that's what you're saying. If that's how they operated they might as well pack up and cancel all of their television shows now.