TLC 2020

Onyx2

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Apparently there was a PPV last night. I've only read the results and seen this lovely image

82mftr44jg661.jpg

but otherwise sounds ho-hum. Anyone want to discuss it?

613A736F-F823-48F3-8696-F06E7AEE2936.jpeg
I only watched the SD woman’s title and this match. The spectacle would have been more impressive had the dummy looked more realistic. Plus Randy poured a can of petrol over a wrestler and throw a match on him. I expected Adam Pearce to have had him arrested prior to raw tonight for at the very least attempted murder

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Roman Reigns is the absolute man. Christ, he looks the business with the swagger, attitude and smirking. If we had this Reigns 5/6 years ago, he would be the megastar they have always tried to make him. That match was decent, made KO look like a star and I genuinely thought he was going to win the title at times. Reigns should have sat on a chair and watch Jey fighting with KO, that would have been a great visual. 

Charlotte is head and shoulders above the other women in the division in terms of star power. She's been to the same dentist as Roman, by the looks of it. 

That 2020 advert is god awful. Absolute trash, the 'COULD IT BE?! Yes it is! Its 2021' was the worst part. 

I sometimes wonder if they dialled back on the production, whether the product would actually be a lot better. A lot of the stories suffer due to the direction and production being so polished. 

Honestly I thought it was a great PPV.

Wasn't too happy about Orton/Fiend main eventing but I guess you can't throw out those visuals casually in the middle of a PPV. It's all hokey shit which people either love or hate. Completely get that. If I was going to be picky I could've done with them not bumping the flames up every time someone did a move - it works on an Inferno match where it's like they're bumping and causing it, but not so much when it's all outside.

Not sure where they go from here with that feud, or the fact that Orton is a murderer but hey it's not like it's the first time he's been involved in some very questionable behaviour so really no one gives a shit. Clearly, as everyone just sat back shouting NO DON'T DO THAT. Cowards.

Both TLC matches were solid and enjoyable for different reasons. Drew continues to look strong (as you'd expect with AJ as an opponent) and The Miz was never going to be champ so I'm glad they ended another disappointing MITB choice. I enjoyed the Morrison chair bit with Omos. Roman/KO was great too and really made Kevin I thought, certainly more than anything he's done in recent memory anyway. A perfect example of why a loss doesn't have to be a burial. Sadly I'm sure they'll just forget about Owens again as they usually do so I'm not sure about the long term benefits but I'm enjoying it for now.

Sasha and Carmella was a really solid match too. For all the shit Carmella gets on social media, she's capable of decent matches with the right opponents. Sure she's not at the top level but she's certainly not terrible by any means, and I think she just gets a hard time for her looks etc. At least now they're leaning into that with the character but she can back up the talk too. Her and Reginald are a great team. Send them after the tag titles.

Talking of the tag titles - no issue with Hurt Business picking up the win there. They've been one of the better things about 2020 and crazy to see how those guys have developed alongside MVP. And we had the pleasure of Charlotte Flair in the womens match so I need to go read Twitter and see people implode on that one because that's always fun.

Great way for the company to end 2020 I thought. Another reminder that there's a real solid roster at the moment and sometimes they just need to be allowed to do their thing.

Reigns VS KO was really good, minor gripe would be Jey getting involved towards the end or someone like Bryan coming to help (given recent history) and that's your transition to next feud.

Orton VS Fiend was crazy, not sure where they go from there but it's something, internet ofcourse ripping it apart (what else is new).

USA and fans want more attitude era adult content...so we'll see 

• Paid Members

That Lana thing is a microcosm of everything that’s wrong with WWE. They can’t write the most basic of stories.

Sympathetic character gets bullied and humiliated for months, finally evens the odds by finding some back-up...and then just gets fucked off and replaced rather than getting any type of revenge. I know it’s a shitty mid-card storyline featuring worthless characters like Nia Jax, but still. How could anyone invest in anything when shit like this is the norm? She was put through tables week after week, they have a pay per view where tables matches feature, but instead of doing the logical thing that might have provided the smallest sense of catharsis they just send Charlotte out instead.

Fucking Charlotte Flair. A character that can somehow vanish for six months and you still think, “oh for fuck’s sake, I’m sick of seeing her,” the moment her music hits for her big return.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but I’m convinced half the problem with this company is that it’s filled with weirdos completely removed from real life. Bullying and backstabbing is so normal to them that they can’t even recognise it in their own storylines. A group of pricks so detached from normalcy that they’re incapable of writing heroic characters or storylines where the good guys win. 

After all, this is the same company who didn’t plan on Daniel Bryan conquering The Authority in the end and only went in that direction when all else failed. And they’re also the same oddballs who thought Becky Lynch should be the heel when Charlotte ruined her Title shot at Summerslam that one year.

It’ll end up being the undoing of this Roman Reigns character. As good as Roman is now, it only works in the long-term if he eventually gets his comeuppance. A horrible, violent bully, the endgame is someone stepping up and smashing him to fuck. Written by freaks like Michael Hayes and Bruce Prichard though? Fucker will probably win clean at Wrestlemania and they’ll wonder why numbers continue to fall.

So yeah - same old, same old. Good wrestlers having good matches that don’t matter at all because everything that surrounds them is such terrible bollocks.

Edited by Supremo

I think they booked themselves into a corner with Jax and Baszler. It makes perfect sense for Charlotte to come back to beat them as she is the only one that can. They’ve run roughshod over the division for the last 6 months and Charlotte is by far the best women’s wrestler. She has the look, skill and believability to be able to stand up to the bullies. I really don’t get why people have gripes with Charlotte, she is head and shoulders above everyone. 

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members

Charlotte sucks. One of the dullest, most boring performers portraying one of the shittest characters in the company.

I don’t see this, “head and shoulders above the rest,” thing at all. They say she is, and they portray her as such, sure. But she’s not really. How many great matches or promos has she actually had? What has she actually done with the amount she’s been pushed? Endless Title wins, Royal Rumble win, broke Asuka’s streak, Wrestlemania main events, and for what? She doesn’t feel anywhere close to the star they think she is and she hasn’t delivered anywhere near the level she’s positioned. I swear there were a couple of promos earlier this year where you could visibly see her boring herself. Whoo. Queen. Whoo. Fuck off.

God bless her, she’s only doing what she’s been taught and asked to do. But as a viewer she’s at best boring as fuck and at worst absolutely toxic. I don’t care about what she’s doing, I don’t care if she wins or loses, she just exists on the show and is endlessly placed in positions that detract from others because she’s Charlotte Flair. We didn’t get Ronda vs. Becky because she’s Charlotte Flair. Shayna didn’t win the Royal Rumble and never truly recovered because she’s Charlotte Flair. Rhea Ripley’s career turned to absolute shit because she’s Charlotte Flair. And now poor Lana never got the revenge she deserved because she’s Charlotte Flair. It’s not even like being awkwardly crowbarred into these positions puts heat on her. It just puts heat on the company for thinking she’s more important than everyone else and sabotaging their own storylines and characters to feature her more prominently.

I know they probably have less than ten little girls watching, but imagine being one of them? What kind of story does this tell you? Stand up to the bullies and they’ll send you to the hospital for you to be replaced by someone with a more important dad. Be a star indeed.

Edited by Supremo

Only watched the Inferno match to see what they were going to do.
It could have been a damn sight worse in my opinion and the visual of a burning Fiend running into the ring to attack Orton was pretty cool.

I just wish they could have found a way to have The Fiend on fire and then sit up/get up at the end like 'HE'S ALIVE!!!'

I'm guessing this is the end of The Fiend then? I genuinely remember loving his debut at Summerslam 2018 and thinking he could be all kinds of good as a legit monster heel but, no, obviously he's just been a bit shit. 

Bray's posted a cocoon on his Twitter page so I guess we'll get Bray v.3 at some point,