TLC 2020

Onyx2

I really enjoyed this PPV! 

Not really into them teasing the tension with Cedric and The Hurt Business. They haven't been together long enough but I'm glad they're champs.

Reigns/KO was great and I legit thought KO was taking it at the end.

I had completely forgotten about Fiend/Randy so was wondering why there was PPV time left.

Seems a shame to just kill off The Fiend as at the very least you'd think he shifts a fair bit of merch and the character has only been around 18 monthsish.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

How many great matches or promos has she actually had? What has she actually done with the amount she’s been pushed? Endless Title wins, Royal Rumble win, broke Asuka’s streak, Wrestlemania main events, and for what? She doesn’t feel anywhere close to the star they think she is and she hasn’t delivered anywhere near the level she’s positioned. I swear there were a couple of promos earlier this year where you could visibly see her boring herself. Whoo. Queen. Whoo. Fuck off.

If I'm honest, and this might just be me, but that's often a problem of most of the women. Ask me what my top memorable mens matches or promos are over the years and I could name a hell of a lot. Ask me the same about the women and I'd struggle to name 10. Maybe that's something wrong with me but despite the push towards a stronger womens division, I still struggle to get invested to the level where I consider their matches standouts outside of Bayley/Sasha. A lot of them are capable of really solid matches these days (I thought Sasha/Carmella was really enjoyable for example) but I can't think of too many I'd stick on to watch again. A few moments like maybe Ronda at Mania with HHH or Becky with blood on her face. But in terms of 'great' matches? I still find it challenging . Even more so with AEW.

I get the Charlotte hate to a certain extent. But in terms of a full package and someone that genuinely feels like a wrestler and a good athlete and is comfortable in what she does, she is often head and shoulders above a lot of the division. There are still matches I'll watch and feel really uncomfortable with because it just doesn't feel as smooth or good as it should be. Everything she does feels at a certain level at least. She might not be the most compelling of characters or anything like that but I do think even if you take the Flair name away, it's not like she doesn't have the talent to back it up.

• Paid Members

This one sequence is the best thing they’ve ever done with The Fiend and a genuine highlight of the year. The whole thing is wild.

That’s the problem with this character - in tiny doses or in mad photos like previously posted it feels like it should be amazing. It dies a death when you make him a weekly thing though. I would’ve been happy with it finishing with the RKO too. Did we really need the full murder?

Well you can't say they're not taking advantage of not having any fans in the arena. The Wyatt angle screams "What can we do now that building codes wouldn't let us with 10,000 paying fans present?" God knows what else is on that list. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

This one sequence is the best thing they’ve ever done with The Fiend and a genuine highlight of the year. The whole thing is wild.

That’s the problem with this character - in tiny doses or in mad photos like previously posted it feels like it should be amazing. It dies a death when you make him a weekly thing though. I would’ve been happy with it finishing with the RKO too. Did we really need the full murder?

He definitely died a death. He melted in the ring

35 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Well you can't say they're not taking advantage of not having any fans in the arena. The Wyatt angle screams "What can we do now that building codes wouldn't let us with 10,000 paying fans present?" God knows what else is on that list. 

We've seen the ring collapse a number of times. I bet Vince is looking for ways to bring the whole damn ThunderDome down somehow.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Care to elaborate? The whole PPV? Did you watch it? Curious as I see you criticise pretty much every WWE show but I'm not sure if you watch it or not.

I don’t need to watch it to know that setting fire to a dummy of a scary clown on a wrestling show and then bringing the scary clown back after being murdered is worse than wcw.

11 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

That would imply that WCW as a whole was bad. Definitely provided me with more fond memories than not.

Most of wcw was better than wwe now as far as storylines and logic goes. Even the later years made more sense than what these guys are doing now.

The guys wrestling now are good. But I’ve never seen a wrestling show as bad as raw as far as booking goes.

Wins and losses don’t matter. Titles don’t matter. Rules don’t matter. Logic doesn’t matter. Stories don’t matter. Murder doesn’t matter. They have no stars and they don’t know how to book a goodie.  It’s the worst I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Yakashi

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s mad that there was a Money in the Bank cash-in and no-one is taking about it.

It was dead in Otis's hands. They then killed it even further dragging all that shit storyline with Miz and Morrison to get it to Miz. And no one thought for a second that he might successfully cash it in. The gimmick was a complete waste this year unfortunately. It can be good in the right hands but I'm not really sure what the plan was with Otis if there ever was one.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

It was dead in Otis's hands. They then killed it even further dragging all that shit storyline with Miz and Morrison to get it to Miz. And no one thought for a second that he might successfully cash it in. The gimmick was a complete waste this year unfortunately. It can be good in the right hands but I'm not really sure what the plan was with Otis if there ever was one.

Aye it screamed trying to be edgy and new when they gave it to Otis but as usual, panicked because their crap booking was losing viewers and decided to change it up. Not been a really prominent MITB holder/cash in for a while. 

Massive LOL at WWE's answer to declining interest being setting fire to Bray Wyatt and sticking Charlotte Flair back on all the shows. Company's the absolute pits.

I find it hard to believe that people are still convinced that Charlotte is in a different league to everyone else. Just watch the match that she had with Carmella, the one where Carmella had to carry it because Flair's actually pretty clueless when she's not in there with a better more experienced worker. I haven't watched TLC, but I bet any money the Sasha/Mella match was miles better. 

Or how about last year when she slapped the shit out of a concussed Kairi Sane, because in that moment she had no idea what else to fucking do.

Don't get me wrong, she looks the part and can have great matches with the right opponent. But it's a self fulfilling prophecy. It's easy to be 'head and shoulders above everyone else' when you're the only one the bookers take care of, and the only one they make sure is given the hot hand and the top level talent to work with at the big PPVs, regardless of whether she has a belt or is ice cold. It was until only recently that the girls that can actually make some money weren't stuck filling the card in nothing multi-women matches. They never put Charlotte in the position to carry drawn-out feuds with the Lacey's and Alexa's of the world for example, because it would make her look subpar. 

And the reason this really grates and the reason I can't stand her, is her character. It's basically Stephanie McMahon on quaaludes - where she's neither heel nor babyface, but instead it's the Steph style, have-your-cake-and-eat-it thing, where she's simply presented as superior. And as a result everyone she interacts with comes out looking terrible. Worst recent example being Rhea Ripley. Rhea went from being the badass who slayed Shayna Baszler to a smiley Flair fangirl who wanted to be The Queen when she grew up. Charlotte (as a heel) brushed her off, told her she'll never be in her league, not in a million years. And, of course, the heel (or was she?) was proven right in the end when she tapped her out at Wrestlemania. All while the announcers fellated her and babyface Rhea had to tuck her tail between her legs.

Shite. Although I'm glad she's back as it's one more reason I won't be tempted to watch this silly bollocks.