Cyberpunk 2077

The Gaffer

I'll second the King of Swings post in regards to Cyberpunk. 

I hate it. I went in with an open mind and it's lower than low. Compared to others I'm on an old jet powered fanned PS4 and its only crashed twice. 

However the menus are exceptionally slow to load/respond and half the time just do the opposite of what you wanted. Dialogue interaction is really bad with the characters waiting around until the coding catches up and let's you get on with it. 

Most people praise the writing but I see nothing in it. It's very lazy and contrived/clichéd. You can easily see where things are going way before the characters get through their bits that it sucks any sort of will to progress. 

The beginning was atrocious and then I was put with probably the shittiest sidekick in any game I've played in Jackie. No one I've met in the story so far is likeable enough to want me to keep on playing through the story but there's not much else to do on it.

Driving is a complete mess, coupled with the minimap just sending you all over, it can't make its mind up where you're actually supposed to be going. Combat aiming is piss poor and you're guaranteed to miss shots at point blank range for whatever reason the computer decides to.

The game doesn't really explain anything which isn't wholly unexpected in a lot of games but you've got an in game system that needs to be explained in regards to guns, augments and an absolutely bizzare "hacking" system that requires no effort once you decode its gibberish explanation.

Avoid at all costs or borrow it off someone you know if they were unfortunate to pay for it. 

I can see where they eventually want to go with it but its unforgivable to have that much hype and development to end up with this shambles of a product.

Edited by Rule One

For all my talk of waiting until it’s fixed I was somewhat buoyed by my mates playing it on PS5 with very few hitches so I started it up yesterday. I got as far as doing the 4 tutorials and the biggest positive is that my head doesn’t feel like it’s going to fall off. I think having the driving in third person will help me cope with the motion sickness but an hour or so in it’s looking good.

One thing that does immediately stick out is that it’s no Red Dead. I mean it looks alright but I wasn’t wowed by it the way I am by RDR2 or TLOU2. 

Anyway, I’m playing as a Nomad with a big meaty penis.

5 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Refunds are being offered, check my post on the previous page. 

Cheers but I've played enough that I'll persevere with it. My son usually plays whatever I get so I rarely refunds games. 

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Anyway, I’m playing as a Nomad with a big meaty penis.

Name change to MR_DONGER, please. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm usually offered gamepass whenever I login to my XBox at the moment. I'm pondering whether to give it or PSNow a crack so as to try and get some PS3 games I missed out on played. 

PSNow has improved since it enables certain games downloads instead of streaming but it isn't worth it compared to Gamepass. You can usually pick up a PS3 and the games you're after for less than a few months if PSNow. 

Scathing article from open critic on the Cyberpunk 2077 release. Even putting a warning on the games main page. 

https://opencritic.com/news/2000/they-knew-it-was-wrong-cd-projekt-red-deceived-consumers-anyway-

Obviously sucks for the people who actually worked on the game and will have to continue working to try and fix it. 

Edit. 

Double post wanker.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Thanks for the thread split. 

I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would! Even disregarding the technical issues, it's getting a lot of the usual open world criticisms at the moment in terms of not having enough to do, ignore what it is doing and focus on what it isn't and so on. Plenty of valid criticisms, and the game's clearly a complete shitshow, but it's a frequently absorbing one. I guess I'm benefitting from my own relatively muted enjoyment of Witcher and going in expecting a bug riddled curiosity rather than the greatest game ever. 

It's Witcher 3 doing Blade Runner. The story's been the thing that's surprisingly pulling me along. I really like it. I reckon once it fizzles out I'll lose interest fast, but 30 hours from a game like this is fine for me. It was always going to be Hollywood, not some massively in depth RPG. 

The first time I got the elevator up to my apartment, I spent 15 minutes in it staring at a wall of monitors showing a talk show discussion between a priest and and a cybernetically enhanced girl. I'm walking really slowly everywhere. Down every alley, looking at every screen and banner. It's a very specific feeling I've not had since those first few hours with GTA IV, another game whose window dressing belied a pretty ageing mission structure and choice of activities. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

As someone who works in retail I don't think I could hate CDPR any more now. To release a game they knew was fucked, and then send everyone to us fuming for refunds when the company clearly won't refund it means I can spend (and have already spent) this Christmas season being yelled at and berated. Dickheads. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Won't matter. We'll all be dead of old age by then.

I can't imagine they're in a huge rush for GTA6 to be released when there's still plenty of money to be rinsed from GTA online. I saw you can just by Red Dead online now if you don't fancy the whole story part of RDR2. 

Sony removing Cyberpunk from the store is big. Clearly CDPR have pissed them off by offering refunds at what I’d assume is initially at Sony’s expense? Probably should have sent one of their ‘Dear Gamer’ memo’s to PlayStation first.

8 million pre release copies sold. Development costs recouped before release. Why release unfinished?