Cyberpunk 2077

The Gaffer

1 minute ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just heard about that. 

Didn't Skyrim have a similar problem on PS3? Something about the game becoming worse as the save file increased in size. 

Aye it did, I think that was an issue with all Bethesda games on PS3 to an extent. It def also happened with Fallout 3.

I laughed but I don't actually see the problem, if you bought a console and it developed faults after using it for a period of time you'd want it replaced with a working one or a refund. With a buggy game that gets progressively worse as you play there's not even a chance for an exchange.

Absolutely, he’s well within his rights. They purposely sold a product they knew was faulty and went out of their way to mislead consumers. 50 hours is close to the maximum most of us would play any game probably but to others it’s not even a quarter of the use they’d get out of it. Fair’s fair.

I think the fact they have free content coming, big patches in January and February and a track record of fixing and supporting their broke shit is enough to satisfy me but I knew what I was getting for my money anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

They purposely sold a product they knew was faulty and went out of their way to mislead consumers.

Even by AAA game studio standards they went overboard by not only withholding console review copies but dictating that critics only use stock footage in their reviews. 

If others are happy to stick with the game then fair play but at the end of the day I was given a legal (though I'm guessing not guaranteed) route to get my money back and took it.

I've put hundreds of hours into RPG's (Persona 5, AC Odyssey and most Bioware games are some examples) and was hoping to do the same with Cyberpunk.

The eventual reports about what actually went on at CDPR should be really interesting. 

I'll take my lumps over pre ordering like a chump. That's on me.

I think the stock footage thing is pretty standard according to a lot of reviewers. They all like to control the narrative to some extent and they don’t want IGN compiling a video review which focus’s on dildo compilations (unfortunately the dildo count has already been scaled back) or showing spoilery content but hiding how faulty it is on PS4’s and Xbox’s which reportedly make up about 150 million units in homes is more than bad form.

• Paid Members

Class action lawsuits are getting brought up now. This is not going well, and all because they didn't want to miss out of the christmas sales window. They knew whenever they releases the game it was going to sell like hot cakes anyway. They could have waited longer and released when it was ready. If there'd been no issues with this when it launched it could have rivalled GTA 5's launch in terms of how big it was, but they got greedy, crunched their devs, and it's all coming back around to bite them in the arse. 

The biggest problem for me is how shite the AI is. There's zero impetus to use the clunky interface doing all that hackerman shit when you can just circle strafe the entire game hacking things to bits with the kind of katanas you can pull from bins. 

It's no Deus Ex!

Edited by Gay as FOOK

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I saw an advert for the game during the football. Is it still on sale?

Yeah, retailers haven’t pulled copies from shelves. The PlayStation store have pulled it from digital downloads.

The class action thing is groups of investors who will rightfully be pissed that their investment is being damaged by what they deem illegal business practices. Hopefully all those devs that poured all that work and creativity in to such a long project won’t have their incentive bonus and long term futures pulled from them because of a few cunt nuggets at the top.

• Paid Members

Physical copies are still on shelves. Presumably it's still on Steam, Epic, GOG and the Microsoft store. It's only Sony that have taken it down I think. 

• Paid Members

Just had a zoom call with our friends to open our Xmas presents from each other. They live round the corner from us, so we did a distanced door-to-door exchange. 

They got me Cyberpunk! I'm going to go out of my way to thoroughly enjoy every minute of this broken goodness. It's installing as we speak. Bring it on.