Cyberpunk 2077

The Gaffer

Thought I would add why I reinstalled Cyberpunk. 

A patch went live quickly and I'm sure that it was 20 odd gig but there was also a console update so I installed that first. 

Afterwards I checked to see how long was left for the patch to download only now it was about 12 gig. 

So I wondered if perhaps there was a mix up with the patch because I remember some early players mentioning that they were playing the game with an early version of the patch installed. 

Of course I could be well off and talking out of my arse but over the last two or three hours of play I've not run into any major issues. 

Edit. 

By major issues I mean no crashes or anything like that. Still getting some graphical hiccups. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

15 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I bought it today but probably won’t get round to playing it til next week, will this include a free PS5 upgrade?

I picked up the PS5 version of Devil May Cry 5 at the same time so I’ll be playing and finishing that before I step in to Cyberpunk which will hopefully have more patches ready. 

It will work on ps5 now but you’ll be playing the PS4 pro version of the games with better load times due to the SSD. The real PS5 version will be out some tim elect tear and you will supposedly get a free upgrade when it arrives.

• Paid Members
On 12/11/2020 at 9:25 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Update for Cyberpunk just dropped. 17 gig on PS4. 

And you still need 60gb+ free space to install it because SonyLOL

• Paid Members
On 12/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, Merzbow said:

Is that a Sony issue? The tiny 400mb PC patch needed that 60gb free space to unpack too. It's been pissing off people on everything.

It is. Their policy is to make a full copy of the current install, patch that and wipe the old copy.

8 minutes ago, seph said:

It is. Their policy is to make a full copy of the current install, patch that and wipe the old copy.

That is shit then, but it seems like CDPR are doing that on every format so they're just as guilty this time.

I'm already seeing people on PC making their own custom patchers because of how bad it is.

Edited by Merzbow

One thing that I've noticed in 30 something hours so far is for all the talk of how "ambitious" Cyberpunk 2077 is, everything the game does has been done by other games and imo better in most cases.

Outside of missions the City is basically just window dressing. Locked doors everywhere and almost nothing to interact with.

Combat is just decent. 

Stealth is very hit and miss. 

The NPC AI is embarrassing. 

The RPG elements are not particularly interesting. 

Driving is mediocre so I either walk to a mission or find the closest fast travel. 

A whole slew of the side quests are literally go buy this vehicle. Haven't bought a single one yet due to previously mentioned driving. . 

The proper story missions (main and side) have all been good to excellent though. That's one point I'll give to CDPR over other studios and is the only thing keeping me hooked. 

Edit. 

After reading that back, imo the game would have been much better if it was more like a Mass Effect and less of an open world game. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

It's the weirdest fucking game I've ever played from a technical standpoint. Coupled with the overarching glitchy/cyber/nothing is real feel of Night City and the disjointed reception it is getting - it makes for an oddly compelling experience. One minute it looks like the most ambitious, ballsy game world I've ever seen. The next it looks like something I'm not meant to be playing yet. But the drops and spikes are so sporadic...it's just utterly bizarre. It has all the hallmarks of screwing the pooch on last gen and making a last ditch run on this weird transitional period we're in now. Think Raw is War 97. The idea is there, but the arenas look fucking ugly most weeks. 

Case in point, the corpo intro with the floating taxi to the club really felt proper like "There's never been a game like this before, this is new gen."

Then I punched a dude selling noodles in the jaw and his pelvis vibrated into the floor and made the road flicker. This enabled me to run through a few cars, thereby knocking them into the other food vendors. 

I'm confident this experience is on a pretty much maxed out version of the game as well. I'm running it on a Series S which from the Digital Foundry videos doesn't look too shabby compared to medium to high end gaming PCs or even a Series X. Which I had initially pre ordered then shat the bed with because of the cost. Then the S was in stock at a local retailer two days ago, and a strange realisation that I've never seen thus never need a game in 4K coupled with the realisation that all I really want is a Game Pass machine for my 3-4 big budget jaunts a year - coupled with how insanely cheap the thing is - won me over on it . 

Seriously slick bit of kit. 

Tetris Effect is getting more hours than Cyberpunk, though.