Cyberpunk 2077

The Gaffer

Being a video game reviewer in general attracts the absolute worst mutants, especially as noted if the reviewer is a Women. 

Should have seen the shit Jim Sterling used to get if he dared give a Nintendo game any less than 9/10. He packed reviewing in ages back.

So far the game is great when it runs properly but pretty embarrassing when it doesn't.

Brand loyalty can fuck right off.

Respect for the people who obviously worked hard on the game and probably under loads of stress. 

Fuck the corporate side of things.

Six hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and it's probably one of the biggest was clearly shoved out before it was ready cases in a long time. 

So far had two crashes, one freeze and a handful of minor glitches. 

When it's working though it's fucking great. Good thing it autosaves regularly so I haven't lost any major progress so I'll persevere. 

But yeah anyone who hasn't bought it yet is better off waiting until they patch the hell out of it or until the PS5/Series X version is ready. 

Should have really delayed it again and for as long as needed. Yeah the usual twats would throw a fit online but fuck em, they are probably the ones throwing the biggest fits over the glitches anyway.

I bought it today but probably won’t get round to playing it til next week, will this include a free PS5 upgrade?

I picked up the PS5 version of Devil May Cry 5 at the same time so I’ll be playing and finishing that before I step in to Cyberpunk which will hopefully have more patches ready. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Yeah %100 stay the fuck away from the game until it's sorted, it seems to get worse the longer I play it. 

Crashes becoming more frequent. And this is on PS4 Pro so fuck knows how bad it is on the base system. 

Feel bad for the devs that'll probably be worked to the bone trying to fix it. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Did anyone see the shit Callie Plegge at Gamespot got for giving the game a 7/10? Fuck being a female in the games industry. Those mutant gamer babies might give wrestling fans a run for their money in the creepy fucks stakes.

Did you see the grief someone got on twitter for saying "it's a really good game, but be careful of the seizure trigger sequence as it gave me a seizure"? People were sending her videos of the sequence for daring to speak out against their precious game. 

• Paid Members

Also they decided the 6500 page EULA and a generic epilepsy at the beginning of the game made up for them including a section in the game that has a light sequence used by Doctors to try and trigger seizures when diagnosing Epilepsy. I hear they're looking at patching it out now that they realise it could kill somebody. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Did you see the grief someone got on twitter for saying "it's a really good game, but be careful of the seizure trigger sequence as it gave me a seizure"? People were sending her videos of the sequence for daring to speak out against their precious game. 

I did. It wasn’t even a scathing criticism either it was more or less exactly how you put it and they still got that level of vitriol.

8 years from announcing to releasing it and they’ve worked their employee’s to exhaustion and still released broken. It’s not been a seamless development has it? You sort of expect it with games as a service but for a big story driven single player (at launch) game they really shouldn’t be selling this shit.

Yet I still want to play it.

Witcher 3 gets some strange praise as well.

I enjoyed it, but it seemed to come at the perfect time where PS4/Xbox One games lost their cross generational stink and everyone decided they'd had enough of Bethesda's open worlds. I think it benefitted massively from that, and people really took it to their hearts. Which is fair - it's a great game - but in and around that you saw a game like Skyrim kicked to the curve, with everyone retroactively deciding it was a kiddie pool deep experience and that the Witcher pointed the way forward. 

But it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. It's not any great advancement, it's just different. It's weightier than an Elder Scrolls game, sure. Most prominently the characterisation, voice acting etc are all top notch. It's very much a story driven, carefully curated experience in an open world setting, though. Everyone plays virtually the same game. For all its dumbed down limitations, Skyrim characters could be very different from one another. It's an action RPG, sure, but I ignored the main quest for about 50 hours when I got it. Some people never use spells. Some people run around in the nip. Some people just put the thing on to walk around and pick flowers. 

Witcher? You're more than likely going to be hacking and slashing, aren't you? Tits and arse. Gerrof me freak! Etc. I don't have a huge amount of 4 AM memories with it, and I'm in no rush to ever play it again.