Cyberpunk 2077

The Gaffer

11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's going to be remembered as a classic down the line, while it was often just trying to be edgy I thought the satire was far more biting than say GTA V and overall enjoyed it far more. 4 was really solid, too but will likely be most remembered for the Dubstep gun which seriously ages it.

It was remastered a few months ago! A tidy job they done of it, too. 

Saints Row 2 is still the best by a mile for me, though. This was the point where they really capitalised on GTA IV's backlash to present something more outlandish, but it was still very much a gritty crime sandbox with its feet (mostly) on the ground. They ruined the look and feel of it with the third one, for me. Everything became a bit rubbery and cartoony.

Saints Row 2 is genuinely one of the best open world games ever, I think. As is the first Crackdown, which is practically the antithesis of Cyberpunk in terms of being a game that keeps a pretty fucking low scope but knocks everything it does try to do out of the park. Always saw it as a spiritual follow up to Streets of Rage, years before SoR4. Just a straightforward baddie smasher, only with the allure of agility orbs also making it one of the better platformers ever too!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

He looks like someone you see losing their deposit on election night.

"Admiral Willyplops of the Anime is Real and So is my Big Farty Botty Party... 2 votes."

I thought he was gonna do magic trick, tell me that I have a big nose, touch my shoulder before I find myself incredibly aroused by him and a burning desire to have a suck on that micro peen.

• Paid Members
On 12/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

You played it for like 50 hours. Fucking cheek taking a refund. Stop pre ordering and being a fucking sucker.

Edit: in response to @The King Of Swing

Reminded of this today when my daughter declared she doesn't like the chocolate in her advent calendar. After eating 22 days worth!

• Paid Members

Well, I'm several hours into this game and it's pretty good. Certainly not the groundbreaking classic I was expecting following the trailer a couple of years ago, but also not the unplayable broken mess as reported.

For an open world game it feels quite constrained, but maybe I just need to chuck the main missions to one side and explore more. I like the Braindance concept, it adds something different to the game, although it's not particularly challenging. 

Edited by PunkStep

Give it until the end of act 1 - if you haven't already - to hit its stride. Then - if you're like me - you'll lose interest in it being a fuck-with-shit open world game and just fall for the handful of main characters and what's going on with V. I'm about 30 hours in now and the narrative scope is still enough to keep me enthralled. The relationships in it - two in particular - are actually pretty well written and made me care about the outcomes. 

I'm definitely not playing it for the action. I dropped 30,000 eddies on a legendary katana from the guy around the corner from your apartment who gives you fights. Put all my attribute points into said katana. I'm now like Beatrix at the end of the first Kill Bill film. There's literally nothing I can't slice the head off. 

There's some wild design choices in this from a team that cut its blockbuster teeth with Witcher 3, though. The button to get into a car and the button to get out of a car? Totally different. Try and go into sneak mode whilst dialogue is being directed at you? D'oh, that's still the button to further dialogue! Need a NSWE on your map? Fuck you. It pivots around with you the whole time. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The button to get into a car and the button to get out of a car? Totally different. Try and go into sneak mode whilst dialogue is being directed at you? D'oh, that's still the button to further dialogue!

That first one is a pain for many games these days- press one button to get on a horse but hold B to get off it. It is a bit annoying. The crouch thing too- I met Dex in the bar crawling around like fucking Oddjob in Goldeneye as I couldn't get out of sneak mode due to the ongoing dialogue!

I've finished Act 1 now:

Spoiler

Poor Jackie :(

Holy shit this was a bad game. Bad game. As I am writing this, the end credits have just crashed. To top it off the game completely ignored my end choice regardless of what I did after loading it twice. 

The overall game play improved once they did 100gb or so of updates but it still didn't cover up the whole mess it is. 

The main storyline is a giant turd bucket. No one is likeable, there's no big twists or turns that you can't see a million miles off and there's no real control of the story that the falsely promoted.

Side jobs are repetitive but side missions with full character interactions are better than the main story. 

I did pretty much everything on the map bar two side jobs that bugged out and there was no fix. Cars aren't worth buying because you can find one of the fastest/best cars straight off the bat for free. You'll need about 2 million Eddies to get them all, I missed five because I ran out of Eddies with only the last mission to do. 

I appreciate the effort they've put into this and if they pulled it off as intended then it would be a half decent game but it's not. It's a shambles. 

Ah well, they've had my money so what does it matter. I hope you all enjoy it more than I have. Its getting buried at the bottom of the drawer for a good year or so and is already gone off the HD. 

Good luck, chooms.