What you love and loathe about your culture/nation...

Michael_3165

Love - Free health care, Strict gun control, English Premier League, some of the pubs

Hate - The Monarchy (please don’t give me the tourism argument - I don’t care), Racists, Conservatism sweeping the nation (further enabled by the fact that Labour have been an utter shambles for the last decade which hopefully is now being put right).

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Love: our comedy and art.

Hate: our so called culture. We barely even have a culture, identity or national customs. And the things that are uniquely British are pretty shite. Our patriotism is a dumb, ugly thing. 

I would say the sense of humour is one of the few uniquely British things that are pretty fantastic

• Paid Members

Love : proper chips, sausages, brown sauce, Chinese chippies, chippies that do kebab meat, real ale/bitter, Greggs and local bakeries alike, burger van Hot Dogs and a variety of other foods you get at car boot sales, car boot sales, the NHS, BBC-produced cookery competition shows like Great British Menu and Masterchef, Yorkshire pud, Shepherds pie, apple crumble, playing Shakey at Christmas.

Loathe : Patriotism, Royalism, the  Tories, the retcon that we were the “good guys” in every conflict for the last 150 years, INGERLUND football fanaticism, reality tv idol worship, “Cheeky Nandos,” Mrs Browns Boys, Sandi Toksvig.

• Paid Members

Love: the fact that you can get practically any cuisine from any part of the world within 2 miles.

Hate: the the foreigners who cook it.  Give us the recipes and fuck off.  Coming to our country doing jobs I don’t want.......