AEW to WWE

tiger_rick

If you’re a female AEW wrestler I’d argue that you’d be much better off jumping ship to WWE, given the complete lack of effort AEW seems to place on improving the status of its Women’s Division. 

Britt Baker would probably benefit most from jumping ship. She’s improving in ring all the time and shows a lot of personality when given the chance. God knows what they’d do with the dentist side of her gimmick though.

• Paid Members

I'm sure that the WWE payscale is above AEW's isn't it? Generally speaking at least.

Not that I (or anyone here) have any firsthand experience to go off, but everything I've read seems to suggest it may be quite difficult to adjust to the WWE environment and habit of micromanaging after spending time in a decent spot in AEW. 

Some will value their craft and freedom over financial compensation, and others won't I suppose. Shouldn't judge people for that when a wrestler's career can be so short.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Britt Baker would probably benefit most from jumping ship. She’s improving in ring all the time and shows a lot of personality when given the chance. God knows what they’d do with the dentist side of her gimmick though.

Isla Yankem, DDS.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I'm sure that the WWE payscale is above AEW's isn't it? Generally speaking at least.

Oh definitely. Brodie Lee said he was offered a high 6 figure downside by WWE just to stay at home and not go to AEW. The guys are on crazy contracts these days. I suppose they have to balance great money from WWE but with a pain in the arse management/constant micromanagement/no freedom/5 day working week all year round with AEWs offer -  less pay/1-2 working week/creative freedom/management that aren't complete arseholes.

2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Guavara's rape comment probably won't make him top of their list. Eeven. Though he was the first that came to mind. 

Only if you ignore everyone they have already ignored claims of actual assault about is his very wrong and awful attempt at humour gonna stop him being hired

16 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

What is this mysterious amazing WWE womans division? they have great wrestlers but where are all these top storylines? you have Bayley/Sasha then what?

All I keep seeing is people moan about the AEW women

With good reason. Upon launch AEW really talked up how inclusive it would be. We’re more than a year into Dynamite’s existence and the women rarely get storylines or promo time, a women’s match has yet to main event a show and even the women’s title looks pretty pathetic compared to the others.

Heck, they don’t even seem like they’re trying to make things better, it feels like the division exists because it has to. Dynamite has, for the most part been good, but it would be disingenuous to argue that AEW does a better job with its female wrestlers than WWE or NXT.

I can’t imagine that there aren’t female wrestlers in AEW who wouldn’t like to try their luck in WWE. 

Edited by RedRooster

9 hours ago, Yakashi said:

If WWE are pathetic enough to build Stings debut match around a war that ended 15 years earlier, and beat him, I dread to think what they’d do to an AEW wrestler while AEW are smacking the shit out of them every week.

Can you really compare the treatment of Sting (and I still don't think it was that bad) to a current wrestler jumping ship? Wouldn't it be more comparable to talk about someone like AJ Styles (for example) who headlined regularly in TNA and NJPW and whether they buried him or not? It's not like they shit on everyone they sign from other companies.

20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Can you really compare the treatment of Sting (and I still don't think it was that bad) to a current wrestler jumping ship? Wouldn't it be more comparable to talk about someone like AJ Styles (for example) who headlined regularly in TNA and NJPW and whether they buried him or not? It's not like they shit on everyone they sign from other companies.

AJ wrestled for two companies that weren’t in any sort of serious competition so that’s not a fair comparison either. AEW is killing wwe on Wednesday and isn’t that far off from beating Raw in the demo if they keep going like they are. If you don’t think they would bury ex AEW talent just to prove a point then you haven’t been following them for the last two decades.

WWE are the most petty group of people I’ve come across in my entire life. The Young Bucks would have spent 3 months on Main Event before being split up and moved to 205 live. 

• Paid Members

Yeah. AJ is a super rare case. He came in when TNA was already dead and had spent a bit of time elsewhere to wash the stink off. If he’d come straight from TNA back when they were at least relevant I think things would have been different.

Plus, everyone forgets now, but that first month of AJ’s WWE career still had that sense of Vince not wanting to play someone else’s toys. Losing clean to Jericho at Wrestlemania made no sense other than to show these WWE guys were far superior to the outsiders. If anything, it proved just how good AJ was at the time that they couldn’t help but quickly recognise what they had and started pushing him accordingly. He’s definitely the exception rather than the norm though.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yeah. AJ is a super rare case. He came in when TNA was already dead and had spent a bit of time elsewhere to wash the stink off. If he’d come straight from TNA back when they were at least relevant I think things would have been different.

Plus, everyone forgets now, but that first month of AJ’s WWE career still had that sense of Vince not wanting to play someone else’s toys. Losing clean to Jericho at Wrestlemania made no sense other than to show these WWE guys were far superior to the outsiders. If anything, it proved just how good AJ was at the time that they couldn’t help but quickly recognise what they had and started pushing him accordingly. He’s definitely the exception rather than the norm though.

But they could've buried him if they wanted to. It's easy enough to say that WWE bury all the people that they bring in etc etc but it's really not the case. Or 'well it would have been different if xyz'. There are genuine cases over the years where they've been more than happy to get behind guys from other companies and have them succeed.

If anything you can look at someone like Miro in AEW for how starting booking afresh is difficult and doesn't always work or can take time to settle down. It's not really about burying a talent or anything. It's just sometimes these companies don't want to take someone 'as is' and throw them out there as a carbon copy. I get that to a point but it is difficult to book when fans have been so behind a particular gimmick etc previously.

But I guess when it's WWE it's about how evil Vince wants to destroy everyone and show them a lesson. Really we have no idea how an ex-AEW talent will be treated. It could go either way.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's not really about burying a talent or anything. It's just sometimes these companies don't want to take someone 'as is' and throw them out there as a carbon copy.

I'm not sure what the stats would be now, but less than ten years ago there was a survey that showed something like 2% of WWE viewers could name another wrestling promotion. Before you get into any sense of them "learning to work WWE style", or suggestions that Vince actively works to undermine talent he's paying large sums of money to sign, you have to factor that point in - someone coming in from WCW, AEW, TNA, NJPW, or anywhere else, is a nobody to the vast majority of people watching.

You can't just throw them on TV as a done deal and have them walk straight into the main event, they need to be built to that position. That said, WWE's production quality and amount of TV coverage, is in theory good enough that they could accomplish that build within a few hours of someone debuting, and they often choose not to.