AEW Video Games

Merzbow

30 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The problem with FIFA and PES now is that they've both been dreadful for years, trying to be the same exact simulation of a sport. They're both WWE.

Bring back Adidas Power Soccer and the twenty other dead games from the PS1 era.

And LMA Manager while we’re at it. Pisses all over Champ. (That’s an Anchorman outtake we don’t need to see)

• 1 month later...

I saw this pop up on Twitter but it feels like a bad time for it when the AEW game is supposedly going for the same exact thing almost, but with actual AKI devs.

I guess more than one love letter to the n64 can't be bad.

Edited by Merzbow

On 2/20/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

There's a post on Reddit doing the rounds of someone's mate putting out display cases of it. That gets seen with games weeks or months ahead, granted, but given it's only been delayed due to the rating on it I wonder is a shadow drop right around the corner. Tony's announcement on this week's Dynamite perhaps? 

From reading the age rating and game modes, looks like the Attitude Era's back on the menu though:

spacer.png

Is the game actually finished ?

Is it unusual that there wasnt a playable demo ?

14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I dunno, I think they finished Pong a while ago. 

That was the early access release. The update with Level 2 is due next month, they're just tweaking the laser physics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So it seems like the publishers are holding the game back now? Going against former claims that it's in a finished state.

AEW probably think it’s in a finished state based on what they have seen/played. But they aren’t game publishers. They really need to be on the same page for news updates.