Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't mind a raisin in a sweet treat but raisins in savoury food can piss off. 

Raisins in a curry are the devil's work. Coronation Chicken is also rank.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Raisins are fantastic in sweet baked goods (cookies, muffins etc) far superior to chocolate chips. If I want chocolate, I'll eat a slab of it, not some shitty little cones of it. 

They are indeed rancid in savoury food, however. 

Edited by gmoney

On the rare occasion I actually have ice cream I'll always opt for rum and raisin if it's proper home made stuff, also the Ritter Sport rum and raisin chocolate is phenomenal, and the original Old Jamaica chocolate (the new stuff is pants, the rum taste is really synthetic)

Thinking on it maybe I only like raisins when they're accompanying rum. I'm trying to think of a time I've had an unaccompanied raisin, I'll report back.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

On the rare occasion I actually have ice cream I'll always opt for rum and raisin if it's proper home made stuff, also the Ritter Sport rum and raisin chocolate is phenomenal, and the original Old Jamaica chocolate (the new stuff is pants, the rum taste is really synthetic)

Thinking on it maybe I only like raisins when they're accompanying rum. I'm trying to think of a time I've had an unaccompanied raisin, I'll report back.

Yes you are right, Rum & Raisin is the best ice cream.

• Paid Members
On 7/22/2024 at 9:20 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

markup_ddd05e70-c187-4cba-a6ac-d4f39e77f25a.thumb.png.7b102b6456b85791a2c301b6b9efb4ea.png

I have children who do not understand the concept of using a bog roll FULLY and moving on to the next one. This really vexes me.

My ex used to get through at least a full roll a day. When I moved back home my mum wondered why I wasn't using as much toilet roll as I used to, then realised.