UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

Just posted something that I couldn't remember if it happened or not in real life in another thread and I have a question.

I have a memory that there was a Royal Rumble/Battle Royal of some sort and the last 3 were Ted Dibaise Jr, Cody Rhodes and Orton.

Ted and Cody then left over the top rope to give their leader a win.

Did this actually happen? I watched Royal Rumble 2009 and was flabbergasted when this wasn't the finish.

3 hours ago, Zaheer said:

Just posted something that I couldn't remember if it happened or not in real life in another thread and I have a question.

I have a memory that there was a Royal Rumble/Battle Royal of some sort and the last 3 were Ted Dibaise Jr, Cody Rhodes and Orton.

Ted and Cody then left over the top rope to give their leader a win.

Did this actually happen? I watched Royal Rumble 2009 and was flabbergasted when this wasn't the finish.

Don’t know if or when this happened I’m afraid. But I do love watching back old matches where you think you’ve seen it and know the ending, then all of a sudden something else happens. I end up looking like the guy when the streak ended. 

"I want the figure of that wrestler with stripy socks"

Any idea who my nephew is on about? Haven't watched any current stuff in years - chances are it'll be a WWE lad but I'm open to suggestions.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He meant Stripy String not socks.

Gutted it wasn't Stripy Sting.

• Paid Members

Toudoukan is the big wrestling shop in Tokyo, and practically a museum as well given the amount of vintage stuff they have there - ring robes, trophies, title belts, all sorts.

NJPW have a shop too, I think, and I think there's a wrestling shop near the Tokyo Dome too. 

A ton of old wrestlers run bars and restaurants too, worth looking into that.

On 5/9/2024 at 12:05 PM, air_raid said:

Bret Hart vs 1-2-3 Kid from Raw in 94 is the best example there is, best example there was and best example there ever will be. Bret leads the match as he has to, as the champion, more experienced wrestler and favourite, allowing Kid to fight back as the underdog (as he has to be) and tease the shock win. It’s definitive.

Hogan vs Warrior at Mania VI is a totally different flavour but as effective ; both are heroes and neither does anything that heelish.

For the flip side where one guy DOES work subtle heel - Bret vs Bulldog at SummerSlam 92, Bret vs Perfect at King of the Ring, Shawn vs Razor at SummerSlam 95.

@Cheapheat As this is far from the first time you've asked this kind of question - I believe a previous one was about unique roll up finishes - I must ask ; are you working on some kind of book or work of academia?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. But yes I am trying to put together a list of good examples of things in wrestling for new wrestlers to learn from. It's unfortunately a bit vague at the moment. What I eventually want is like a university course style reading list. But I have been finding it hard. Topics like when to turn a popular babyface heel or how to effectively do baby Vs baby matches. People here have been amazing every question I have had. I hope to have something to show for it one day.