Watched The Bear in a couple of sittings a few weeks back after all the hype for it and loved it, Season 2 especially, loved all the guest stars too.

Are most of the Kitchen/chaotic scenes done in one take? 

I’ll throw my favourite character into the mix….

spacer.png

Watched all of 2 Broke Girls. Was expecting some Big Bang Theory type dross but it was far better than I thought it would be. Probably because of Jennifer Coolidge. 

Have now started Modern Family. Three episodes in and I love it already. 

4 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I hated 2 Broke Girls with a passion, I honestly thought it was total dross. Enjoy

Oh it was completely predictable with very questionable stereotypes but it got the odd chuckle per episode. I’d hardly put it in the top ten of all time or anything. Although, saying it’s better than TBBT isn’t exactly high praise!

It's Always Sunny series 16 comes to Netflix September 16th. Haven't bothered seeking it out this time, maybe a bit of fatigue from the last series which wasn't great.

Also, maybe for the TIL thread, but just before he died Garry Shandling had spoken to Michael Cera about doing a US version of The Trip together, possibly to Las Vegas. 

That would've been fantastic.

I've started watching Our Friends In The North which is great so far. All on iplayer if you're interested. 

• Paid Members

I've done everything I can to get into The US Office, watched it from the start, watched it from series 2, watched selected episodes that people say they like, but there's no getting around it, I don't like it at all. I wouldn't normally go to such lengths, but so many people who's opinion I respect really rate it, I had to give it a few chances. I think my biggest problem is I don't find anything Dwight does funny, and that's a massive obstacle.

I loved Parks and Rec (well, series 2 - 5), Brooklyn 99, enjoyed some of The Good Place. I even liked The Mindy Project for fuck sake. 

Edited by gmoney

25 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I think my biggest problem is I don't find anything Dwight does funny, and that's a massive obstacle.

Yeah this will massively hinder it seeing as he is such a huge part of the show. My ex felt the same after me banging on for years at her that she would like it. She just didn't like him and subsequently couldn't really enjoy the show. Her favourite was Stanley! 

I'm on a caravan holiday with Mrs Wiseau and the youngest two, since before we woke up it's been torrential rain so about an hour ago I poured myself a drink and myself and the kids started on the new Takeshis Castle on Amazon Prime. It's ace, of course it is, it's Takeshis Castle. I've been trying to explain to the 8 year old how influential it is as a show but he was mostly interested in laughing at people hurt themselves, as he should. It's Romesh and Tom Davis on commentary - Davis playing the fan of the original show role and Romesh playing against type and being a deadpan cynic, unfortunately Davis isn't as excitable as Craig Charles was and at points they both seem very downbeat but they do bring humour. It also has the big plus of actually being the whole show (episodes 1 and 2 are both the same challengers) so you actually get the whole story of who started and how they progressed target then just highlights of people falling over. It's ace and I'm looking forward to seeing more mayhem this afternoon, hopefully the rain continues!

• Moderators

Hmm.. I'll give it a go. But part of the charm of the original run was having no real understanding of what was going on. I hope it being coherent doesn't ruin that. Also I hope there's still only a 0.1% chance of a contestant winning and getting awarded a medal / book / scroll or whatever from the general.