Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

No fucking way, I’ve been trying to put a name to a toy I’ve had for years, and now I can. It’s Dromo.

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/robot-toys/robot-racer-esso.htm

Amazing site isn't it, glad you found something useful. 

Had Wagon Master from that range, can still remember how annoying it was the little rubber tyres came off so easily. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, patiirc said:

Definitely not pre ordered Black Zarak and I'm very sure that I've not ordered Black Roritchi either. 

It is someone else. 

With that i mind anyone expecting any Transformers stuff for Xmas? 

Bonus Content: Kapow Toys posted this website which has loads of info on Gobots and 3rd party products from the 1980s http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/robot-toys/index.htm

My Wife has had her arm bent into getting me these bad boys. I've been after them for ages.

EDIT - That site is tremendous. Whilst I remember the cartoon and had a few toys Gobots are still a bit alien to me.

GUEST_c790f9c4-588c-40bc-b6e9-b14ca94790f1.jpg

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Fucking Hell, that ball point School Robot has given me flashbacks. I'm not sure if I had one myself, or someone at school did (although I can't imagine someone bringing it in to show off), but I've definitely had one in my hands. 
I don't recognise the head, but when I saw the feet it unleashed memories of me tapping the button at the back to make it look like it was firing bullets out in a machine-gun style.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Playing with these lads. Totally worth the wait. Merry Christmas.

Now I've got to get my mits on Starscream, Dirge and Ramjet. At least with Starscream it should be pretty easy to get the TFM86 version.

I know it has its detractors but I love the Ark Pat. It's a toy I never thought would exist let alone be Titan sized. Not to mention it includes the double cool Mainframe/Teletran.

20211225_170757.jpg

10 minutes ago, DEF said:

Playing with these lads. Totally worth the wait. Merry Christmas.

Now I've got to get my mits on Starscream, Dirge and Ramjet. At least with Starscream it should be pretty easy to get the TFM86 version.

I know it has its detractors but I love the Ark Pat. It's a toy I never thought would exist let alone be Titan sized. Not to mention it includes the double cool Mainframe/Teletran.

20211225_170757.jpg

They look so cool, good luck with your Seeker hunt! 

I'm agog that managed to get it think it's superb for what it is, need more space apparently 😂😂

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

A new VR Transformers game is about to be released on PSVR and Steam. It looks somewhat similar to the on rails shooter that can be found in larger arcades. It's a sit down affair where the player acts as Bble bee or Primes humans assistant. Using a large cannon to take down the enemies.  

Grimlock is in the game as are Prime and Megatron. They definitely have gone for the G1 aesthetic with this VR version. The arcade game leaned towards the bay verse. 

Edited by BigJag

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

My Wife snagged this Deltof display case yesterday for 20 quid just round the corner from us. Makes the living room and bots looks so much nicer. Proper chuffed.

PXL_20220312_220831769.thumb.jpg.32c8004d0817d3d63338d0c212718650.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've been at my Mum's for the past week. Just spotted yesterday she's got a tiny Optimus Prime stood amongst her towers of Hanoi. I took it down to get a better look. 

IMG_20220403_121722.jpg

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've been at my Mum's for the past week. Just spotted yesterday she's got a tiny Optimus Prime stood amongst her towers of Hanoi. I took it down to get a better look. 

IMG_20220403_121722.jpg

I have that exact figure on my shelf, it’s from the short lived die cast Titans line, I also have a robot mode Grimlock in the same style

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Facebook doesn't half recommend some weird stuff to me sometimes. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0843GRHXR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_BD7F7TPSA22Z4GK74JHR

718vk2pFgtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81uXcDCzXoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If that had been a touch cheaper it would be on the way to my house as I type this. I mean, it's fucking awful but it's also terrible enough to be my exact brand of kitsch.

• Paid Members

Just unboxed this bad boy. Super chuffed with it. Not only is Lost Light now firmly in my favourite comic runs of all time but I got it for an absolute bargain on eBay. £16 delivered for a 9.6 graded book is insane not to mention it's the first issue of this monumental run.

PXL_20220410_232931030.jpg

Edited by DEF