Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Never could figure out why he had such a prominent role in the comics. 

Furman loved the character so he pushed him. Hence Bludgeon being the Decepticon warrior every player gets out of their first crystal to help Starscream in the Earth Wars game (and it’s pretty cool hearing Frank Welker as Megatron say his name since he was never in the cartoon).

Furman had/has his favourites. He wrote Grimlock better than anyone else, and made Nightbeat more prominent than “one of the 88 second wave Headmasters” might have expected to be.

• Paid Members

Cheers. Furman did that with a few characters. Including Deaths Head, one of Furmans' own creations. He even manged to get a Deaths Head comic of his own for a little bit. I quite enjoyed the Deaths Head appearances in the Transformers comic. The UK writing and art style was also of a higher quality than what came out of the US. Isn't Furman also responsible for writing the Galvatron vs Magnus story arc. That story and the art from, I think, Geoff Senior. Fantastic combo.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BigJag said:

Isn't Furman also responsible for writing the Galvatron vs Magnus story arc. That story and the art from, I think, Geoff Senior. Fantastic combo.

Yes, Furman wrote virtually everything involving the “future cast” in the comics (apart from an adaptation of The Big Broadcast of 2006)  including the Magnus of 1986 meeting the Galvatron of 2005 and his subsequent adventures back on Cybertron. Senior did some nice work in Magnus’ fight with Galvatron indeed.

b862690b328bbfd724e1667d8bc3f273.jpg

As a general rule however I think Furman & Wildman is the definitive pair for me.

Totally loved Deaths Head. Not a bounty hunter - freelance peacekeeping agent, yes?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Apparently its up again. 

Sports Direct, damn them

Must have been brief excess stock. Nowt now. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

• Paid Members

What is the opinion on Beast Wars? I've never watched the series and have largely allowed it to pass me by. After listening  to this podcast.

My opinion has slightly changed. Should I dive in from episode one of Beast Wars. Or are there particular episodes that I should track down?

• Paid Members

I really liked Beast Wars but hated Beast Machines. Definitely start from the start.

I don't have much interest in Beast Wars going forward so don't collect the new toys but got a bunch first time round and they really are excellent. Particularly Primal and Megs those toys are brilliant.

I'm slowly rewatching Transformers from the start and intend to go right through every series.  It will take me an age but I fully intend to rewatch Beast Wars because whilst the animation isn't up to much the characters and plot are ace.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Just got done watching Kingdom and I liked it a fair bit more than Earthrise. Its still a bit of a mess with undercooked ideas and stunted dialogue but it's a bit more fun. Holy shit did they fuck up Beast Wars Megatron. His characterization is painful and the choice of casting for the voice actor is bizarre.

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Hello @patiirc. If I remember rightly you have a pretty extensive collection of Devastators.

What do you think of the Mastermade version?

https://www.thechosenprime.com/mmsdtdestroyerdemolisher

I am so very tempted!

I love my Combiners, but not me with all the Devastators alas. 

Just 2 for me, ko and ko lego though that's a sweet figure mind. 

I'm on a mech fan toys/ planet hot soldiers binge at mo. 

First ep of Kingdom left me cold as well, :/