Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Straxus :(

Bummer. How many 5*'s you rocking now? I've 3 but got all of them in the last month.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, DEF said:

Bummer. How many 5*'s you rocking now? I've 3 but got all of them in the last month.

3 also. Onslaught was my first a couple of months back and 2/3 weeks ago finally got the Shanix for BW Megatron. Some great 4* on the cook though - Motormaster with a 4* Gator, Fellbat with Glit and Onyx, Lugnut all north of lv50 with Trigger and Mixy on the way.

Fucking Straxus.

• Paid Members

Yeah that lot does seem like a pretty handy bunch. The Shanix for Primal was my first. I've got him to level 52 but Skyburst is only 47 right now.

My 4* Rust Dust, Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Cosmos and Strafe are all over 50 but with the exception of Rust Dust its slow as hell leveling them up. Its been much easier since I unlocked the second slot in the reserch lab.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, DEF said:

Its been much easier since I unlocked the second slot in the reserch lab.

It’s a godsend. The worst grind in the game is when you get to hq17 and you’re waiting for all your storage to upgrade so you can have your spider mines, multi defence etc, and having enough Z to complete all the upgrades.

• Paid Members

What sort of game is Earth Wars? It looks a bit like Command and Conquer.

New video going through the history on Rub signs. One of my favourite features on the toys. 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BigJag said:

What sort of game is Earth Wars? It looks a bit like Command and Conquer.

People seem to compare it to Clash of Clans (which I’ve never played) to the point people in global say they need a new “clan” instead of alliance. Some people say “guild” too which means nothing to me.

As an aside I’ve just started watching Beast Wars from the start. I’ve never seen most of it apart from a few vhs tapes mostly of which came when some characters were already Transmetal so it’s weird to me seeing Dinobot and Rattrap in their original (hideous) colour schemes. I’m enjoying it mostly although it’s awfully annoying how they need to shout “Maximise” or “Terrorise” nearly every time they transform. Maybe they thought if the kids had stuff to shout when they played in the street like “It’s Morphin’ Time” it would help the show get traction. The times a bot manages to transform without wasting time to say it first is also annoying - like, why don’t you just transform all the time??

Apart from that my only major quibble is how grating it is in the early going where Primal has to say “That’s just Prime” every bloody episode. Conversely, I absolutely love how often Megatron punctuates his sentences with a smug “Yesss” - top villainy. They shouldn’t be called Predacons mind, none of them are fit to empty Razorclaws litter tray.

• Paid Members

Does Earth Wars require microtransactions are for progression? Or can you play along and level up without killing your bank account? A colleague told me how her father spent around £6K on Clash of Clans.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, BigJag said:

Does Earth Wars require microtransactions are for progression? Or can you play along and level up without killing your bank account? A colleague told me how her father spent around £6K on Clash of Clans.

I play without pay and got to hq17 in a year without paying a penny, and am now an officer in an alliance that competes in Gold and patiently chasing my 4th 5* con, there’s plenty of F2P fun to be had.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I've downloaded it. It's a managerial type game. I'm liking it so far. 

Do you play bot or con?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Hmmm. I winder how far they will move from the G1 aesthetic after the success of the Bumblebee movie? I've never been a fan of the Beast Wars era. I'm looking forward to this though. 

Edited by BigJag

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've gone with the 4k steelbook and a t-shirt. I like that set but I'm running out of space.