Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

The artwork bundled with the new 4K release of TFTM. Is quite gorgeous.  Will look great framed.

Has anyone watched the Combiners Wars series? I believe it was made by Machinima. What's the general consensus of it. I've tried watching it a couple of times. Never stuck with it though. Partly due to an unreliable supply of the shows. That also contributed to it being a bit difficult to follow and comprehend. 

How well does it fit into the continuity?

It should be right up my street as it showcases the Combiners/Gestalts. I'm going to try watching it again. Is there any background reading that anyone can recommend? 

Managed to watch a few of the episodes recently. Really liking the characterisation of Megatron. He's got a know it all attitude that suits him very well in this series.  The Combiners have been relegated to being just big bots. The show hasn't really explored the combiner element. I had expected more of a special teams element being used. Giving Menasor a petulant teenager character is very fitting. Overall, it isn't bad . Looking forward to seeing how they use the city bots. They'll have to be careful about how they scale their abilities and influence. 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BigJag said:

The artwork bundled with the new 4K release of TFTM. Is quite gorgeous.  Will look great framed.

Has anyone watched the Combiners Wars series? I believe it was made by Machinima. What's the general consensus of it. I've tried watching it a couple of times. Never stuck with it though. Partly due to an unreliable supply of the shows. That also contributed to it being a bit difficult to follow and comprehend. 

How well does it fit into the continuity?

It should be right up my street as it showcases the Combiners/Gestalts. I'm going to try watching it again. Is there any background reading that anyone can recommend? 

Managed to watch a few of the episodes recently. Really liking the characterisation of Megatron. He's got a know it all attitude that suits him very well in this series.  The Combiners have been relegated to being just big bots. The show hasn't really explored the combiner element. I had expected more of a special teams element being used. Giving Menasor a petulant teenager character is very fitting. Overall, it isn't bad . Looking forward to seeing how they use the city bots. They'll have to be careful about how they scale their abilities and influence. 

I watched all 3 of the Machinima series a couple of weeks ago. It feels a little disjointed and like a dry run for the Netflix series. They get better as they go on. They are basically stripped down/under developed versions of the IDW comic. The thing is with a lower budget they cut corners. If there are literally only the central characters in a 'city' then its hard to feel jeopardy. The comics are such a rich developed world in comparison. 

• Paid Members

Yes. The rather small cast does give a sense of constrained environment. Still I am quite enjoying it. Mainly due to Megatron stealing the show with his dry humour. 

Which of the IDW series/issues overlaps with this show?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BigJag said:

Yes. The rather small cast does give a sense of constrained environment. Still I am quite enjoying it. Mainly due to Megatron stealing the show with his dry humour. 

Which of the IDW series/issues overlaps with this show?

I think it's just inspired by the RID books rather than overlapping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
30 minutes ago, patiirc said:

House of Fraser has the Top Gun Transformers cross over:Maverick for  sale at 25 quid at the mo. 

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/transformers/transformers-prj-crs-jn99-991318#colcode=99131899

Yeah they have had proper bargains recently. Managed to get Sky-Lynx for 40 quid instead of 80 a few weeks back. It hasn't turned up yet mind you. I should warn you a chap on a Facebook group I'm in took delivery of Maverick from House of Fraser and the box was utterly destroyed. He contacted HOF and they said that they won't replace or refund damaged packaging so if you're an inbox collector it's definitely a risk.

1 hour ago, DEF said:

Yeah they have had proper bargains recently. Managed to get Sky-Lynx for 40 quid instead of 80 a few weeks back. It hasn't turned up yet mind you. I should warn you a chap on a Facebook group I'm in took delivery of Maverick from House of Fraser and the box was utterly destroyed. He contacted HOF and they said that they won't replace or refund damaged packaging so if you're an inbox collector it's definitely a risk.

Wowsers that's a cracking price for Skylynx. Hope it arrives soon. 

Thanks for the warning, was not aware of the damaged parcel thing, so that's good to know moving forward. Saw the price and thought it may appeal to some people. 

I've just replayed Transformers Devastation again, Thought there was a level after Prime, whoops. 

Also finally got a Susanoo after finding it cheap on AliExpress. 💖💖

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, patiirc said:

I've just replayed Transformers Devastation again, Thought there was a level after Prime, whoops. 

I couldn't get past Megatron on my initial playthrough. I've now max'd out Prime but I'm pretty rubbish at it now so every time I try and tackle the last level I find myself way out of my depth and quit pretty quick. I should probably start over with a new character and pick it up again.

1 hour ago, DEF said:

I couldn't get past Megatron on my initial playthrough. I've now max'd out Prime but I'm pretty rubbish at it now so every time I try and tackle the last level I find myself way out of my depth and quit pretty quick. I should probably start over with a new character and pick it up again.

Grind Prime Level 49 or 50 for weapons/ dosh. use credits tech and a 6 slot melee and ranged with credit and weapon drops to boost this. 

Weapons

Grimlocks Sword at SS level and Thermal attack and Burn statuses, should power up to around 10000 per hit, can be used by anyone 

Forge of Solus Prime SS Level

4 xattack level 5s and one atkspeed should have around 27,000 per hit. Grimlock/Prime

Freeze or Burn Assault Rifle SS level. 

1x Burn/ Freeze level 5

3x Thermal or Cryo Attack level 5

1x En+Level 5

1x Critical Level 5

8000 plus per shot, plus chances of status affect and critical. Can use with anyone bar Grimmy. 

Wheeljack with same load out but Wrenches (all level 5 atk) at 20000 per hit. 

Whatever Tech items you want to add Ally Heal is useful that last level. 

Should see you right. :)

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, patiirc said:

Wowsers that's a cracking price for Skylynx. Hope it arrives soon. 

Thanks for the warning, was not aware of the damaged parcel thing, so that's good to know moving forward. Saw the price and thought it may appeal to some people. 

Also finally got a Susanoo after finding it cheap on AliExpress. 💖💖

Is the Susanoo a Transformer?