Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

Eaglemoss (the guys behind the collectable magazine gimmicks) had been running a Kickstarter campaign to release a G1 themed chess set with detailed figures, they set the target at $300,000 with incentives for donating including a hard back book, a split face enamel pin  of Optimus and Megatron and other goodies. Unfortunately it failed this past Friday, reaching less than a third of the target at $92,054

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Eaglemoss (the guys behind the collectable magazine gimmicks) had been running a Kickstarter campaign to release a G1 themed chess set with detailed figures, they set the target at $300,000 with incentives for donating including a hard back book, a split face enamel pin  of Optimus and Megatron and other goodies. Unfortunately it failed this past Friday, reaching less than a third of the target at $92,054

I'm not surprised it didn't make the funding. It looked nice and all but expecting people to pay the same as Unicron for a huge chess set was madness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Thanks to The Basics this week I learnt what Kiss Players was. What the fuck were they thinking?!! I highly recommend not looking it up. The crib notes version is that it's a manga/radio play set from the moment Galvatron is thrown out of Unicron's eye in TFM until season 3 and involves creepy hentai involving very young looking characters. 

Anyhow how's it going with Earth Wars? I finally upgraded my hq to level 17 so I can start the Titans campaign. Going to be a while before I get through it mind you. My best team just isn’t leveled up enough yet. I've only got four 5*'s and it takes bloody ages to get them up to level 60.

Don't know if I mentioned this before but I got my first Masterpiece toy a little while back. Bumblebee v2. Are MP's all a nightmare to transform? It literally took me an hour to get him from VW to bot mode. Really like the little guy but I won't be transforming him back.

IMG_20211026_152346_231.jpg

5 hours ago, DEF said:

Thanks to The Basics this week I learnt what Kiss Players was. What the fuck were they thinking?!! I highly recommend not looking it up. The crib notes version is that it's a manga/radio play set from the moment Galvatron is thrown out of Unicron's eye in TFM until season 3 and involves creepy hentai involving very young looking characters. 

Anyhow how's it going with Earth Wars? I finally upgraded my hq to level 17 so I can start the Titans campaign. Going to be a while before I get through it mind you. My best team just isn’t leveled up enough yet. I've only got four 5*'s and it takes bloody ages to get them up to level 60.

Don't know if I mentioned this before but I got my first Masterpiece toy a little while back. Bumblebee v2. Are MP's all a nightmare to transform? It literally took me an hour to get him from VW to bot mode. Really like the little guy but I won't be transforming him back.

IMG_20211026_152346_231.jpg

Cool Bee! 

I've a Smokescreen MP Ko, took 57 days to transform, gawd knows what the Bayverse MP ones are like. My dad picked up a Bayverse Optimus for my nephew from somewhere and it took forever to transform and that wasnt even a MP. 

• Paid Members

There is a complexity to MP transformations that can make them daunting. My mate has never fully transformed his MP5G. He is terrified of breaking it. There's a particular step of the transformation that requires a large amount of force.

I've never transformed my MP Tracks. Mainly due to the car model being brilliant. I couldn't get Red Alert to tab back correctly. He now looks a little bit like the Duke Boys took him for a joy ride. Slight kink in front of the A pillar.

What are most peoples preferences for display. Robot or Robot in disguise? 

• Paid Members

Bot mode for me. I think that's what appealed so much to me about the Seige/Earthrise lines. It really grabbed me attention that they were selling updated versions of the G1 characters with the bot mode being front and centre in the packaging. I'd been out Transformers toy collecting pretty much since just after Beast Wars before then. Not to mention they take up a damn sight less space.

• Paid Members
On 11/16/2021 at 3:51 AM, DEF said:

Are MP's all a nightmare to transform?

I find this about Transformers in general these days. The last non-Legends class I’d transformed was first-Bay-movie Brawl which had been a birthday present in 2007, which even then had seemed a bit much. Then after a few years of leaving everything in the boxes I finally had a go with Combiner Wars Starscream and it was awful, I was terrified I’d break his groin trying to force the nose cone/cockpit into place. Needless to say, Earthrise Starscream is still in the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not pre ordered Black Zarak and I'm very sure that I've not ordered Black Roritchi either. 

It is someone else. 

With that i mind anyone expecting any Transformers stuff for Xmas? 

Bonus Content: Kapow Toys posted this website which has loads of info on Gobots and 3rd party products from the 1980s http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/robot-toys/index.htm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, patiirc said:

Definitely not pre ordered Black Zarak and I'm very sure that I've not ordered Black Roritchi either. 

It is someone else. 

With that i mind anyone expecting any Transformers stuff for Xmas? 

Bonus Content: Kapow Toys posted this website which has loads of info on Gobots and 3rd party products from the 1980s http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/robot-toys/index.htm

No fucking way, I’ve been trying to put a name to a toy I’ve had for years, and now I can. It’s Dromo.

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/robot-toys/robot-racer-esso.htm