Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

This seems to be a thing which is happening. I'd be up for going to see it at the pictures @air_raid

https://screenrant.com/transformers-movie-1986-theater-return-anniversary-when/amp/

I'd be there for sure but I feel like I read it was US only. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

This seems to be a thing which is happening. I'd be up for going to see it at the pictures @air_raid

https://screenrant.com/transformers-movie-1986-theater-return-anniversary-when/amp/

I understand the appeal for some but I can’t really afford to spunk money away to watch a film I’ve watched hundreds of times.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I remember that they re showed it back in 2007 when the first Bay film came out. Limited cinemas were showing it so I travelled to London to watch it. Didn't matter that I'd seen it on VHS and DVD countless times, I wanted to see it on the big screen.

It was a fun experience to be honest. It was a mid day & mid week showing & I was one of only 5 people there. I loved it as it felt I had the whole cinema to myself.

4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Thats a shame. The first part of the trilogy was great, the second was meh, but I watch episode one of the third part and honestly I'm not being drawn in.

That's pretty much my take on them as well Kingdom isnt even a hot mess, sadly

• Paid Members

Is there a reason that they have dropped the ball with the series? I've tried watching it. I watched all of Seige. Maybe 3 episodes of the second one. So far I've only bothered with one episode of Kingdom. It's really strange how this trilogy hasn't grabbed my attention. 

• Paid Members

The dialogue is badly written, voice acted/directed and very dry. Pretty much everything that hurts animation in my book. It definitely peaked with SIEGE. It would have been so much more satisfying if they hadn't cheaped out on non union voice actors.

Played a blinder on Earth Wars this weekend. Got 3* Rhinox, 4* Primal, 4* Dinobot, 4* Cheetor and 4* Laser Optimus. Fantastic result.

Edited by DEF

24 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Is there a reason that they have dropped the ball with the series? I've tried watching it. I watched all of Seige. Maybe 3 episodes of the second one. So far I've only bothered with one episode of Kingdom. It's really strange how this trilogy hasn't grabbed my attention. 

Spoiler

The plot is non sensical. Pretty much everyone from Siege is dead and comes back as ghosts to deus ex machina Galvatron and Nemesis Prime. 

Nemesis Prime is shoe horned in pointlessly. 

Dinobots story is Jetfire's rehashed. 

Blackarachnia and Airrazor's lesbian tease was cringe worthy. 

Cant unsee the mid-drift shots. 

Voice actors ranged from poor to piss poor. 

The last autobot homage with Teletraan 1 was shite, though cool visual payoff. 

The animation of the animal modes was appalling. 

Suddenly remembering Bumblebee was important was jarring and Beast Wars Megatron was turned into a comedy sidekick. 

Amongst many other bad things. 

• Paid Members
On 7/30/2021 at 9:01 PM, BigJag said:

No worries. I'll have to go back through the thread to find the Devastator collector.

@Ronnie. What do you think of this?

https://www.thechosenprime.com/mmsdtdestroyerdemolisher

Oh, I'm not really a collector. I just have a few different versions. As for that one: they look more like me (short and fat) than the behemoth that Devs is supposed to be.

• Paid Members
Spoiler

I was so pissed off when the Ark transformed in a cloud and was suddenly in bot mode. So lazy and uninteresting

Just thought of another couple of things that annoyed the piss out of me in the Netflix trilogy.

Alt modes. An alt mode should be as natural for them to use as as breathing in my book. When characters have alt modes like cars or jets etc they shouldn't be running in robot mode for any sort of distance. The logic is bizarre.

It felt obvious to me that it was to much work for the cheap ass production to have on screen transformations.

Imagine if they had just had Unicron pop behind another planet and come out the other side in robot mode it completely betrays the audience.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DEF said:

Played a blinder on Earth Wars this weekend. Got 3* Rhinox, 4* Primal, 4* Dinobot, 4* Cheetor and 4* Laser Optimus. Fantastic result.

I got 4* Cutthroat, Octane, Dinobot, Waspinator and Blackie. One week after 5* Soundwave.

My alliance got merged with the one above in our family so suddenly completing 1m pt events is a thing and I’m warring in Caminus most often instead of Gold. Welp.

• Paid Members

Japan has such cool stuff. I believe that it's actually a Gundam statue which is mechanized. It does some sort of dance as part of a daily show. 

This is a very similar one if not the same one. It's had a few refits in It's time.

Edited by BigJag