Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

I've done a bit of reading on it.There doesn't seem to be an explanation for the usage of Hybrid in the name. Possibly something that has been lost in translation. There's a lot of die cast used in the construction of the figure. They've also engineered in an impressive amount of articulation. Which had the knock on effect of compromising the aesthetics of the tractor mode. Hence the slightly bulky appearance. I still have to open mine.

• Paid Members
On 4/29/2023 at 3:30 AM, BigJag said:

I'm not sure why it's called "Hybrid Style". 

Never read anything into wonky Japanglish on Japanese packaging, it's a waste of time. It's a Transformers thread on a wrestling forum ; between Super God Masterforce and Emerald Flowsion, we should all know better. In the flesh its even better, when I was in Tokyo I used to love walking past mistranslated restaurant slogans promising "Curry and Nan, Gyro and Bum" and t-shirts with such deep thought slogans as "A door is either open or it is closed."

• Paid Members

Treated myself to this bad boy earlier in the week.

Screenshot_20230501-160346.png

Signed by Peter Cullen? Nice. I’ve still got the first five issues of US Marvel Transformers. In hindsight, I wish I’d have got a couple of them signed by Peter Cullen and Frank Welker when I met them at Liverpool Comic Con in 2020.

• Paid Members

Indeed, I found it on eBay and couldn't pass it up. Frank Welker is next on my hit list.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Watched Rise Of the Beasts Last Night. Not bad. They've adjusted Primes character and could have done a bit more to develop some of the other characters. I want to see more and the heavy hint at the end could lead to some fun.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Saw this in Sports Game Direct this afternoon. Tonka Combiners, presumably to feud with the Constructions. 

There was a Soundwave there that transformed into a spaceship rather than a tape player as well? Weird. 

20230726_143538.JPG

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Ronnie said:

I'll always have a soft spot for the Constructicons even though the original toy Devastator is small and flimsy. That's just the bias of him coming first. But the Predacons make it very easy to question my favouritism, and if I weren't emotionally attached to Devastator, then my boy would easily be in first place.

20200710_095903.jpg.4f1462e685d1056b272fe6daf3037b76.jpg

"I detest fleeing! I would rather die fighting!!"

Huge fan of G1, although I don't tend to get welcomed in many G1 circles when I tell people I preferred Rodimus Prime to Optimus. Also, I highly recommend Transformers: Deviations. It is a trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...