Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Just come across these. Somebody has produced a Shattered Glass version of TFTM. Could be interesting.

Primes a baddie!

They've made a pretty strong effort at recolouring and adding new voices and dialogue. Shockwave sounds spot on. I'm not quite sure how they've done that.

Edited by BigJag

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read any of the new comic series or any of the other Energon Universe stuff? I'm starting with Void Rivals which is a new IP and trying to read it in something approaching publication order. 

They've all had a load of buzz and the creators are pretty exciting.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Has anyone read any of the new comic series or any of the other Energon Universe stuff? I'm starting with Void Rivals which is a new IP and trying to read it in something approaching publication order. 

They've all had a load of buzz and the creators are pretty exciting.

Yep the Transformers series top tier. Daniel Warren Johnson is a master. Duke is very good and Cobra Commander is solid. Void Rivals is slightly dull outside the cameos but I think it's building well.

46 minutes ago, DEF said:

Yep the Transformers series top tier. Daniel Warren Johnson is a master. Duke is very good and Cobra Commander is solid. Void Rivals is slightly dull outside the cameos but I think it's building well.

I'm two issues into Void Rivals and it feels very much like the kind of Image book I was lapping up before we had my daughter. If the 'name' books are a significant step up I'll be more than happy.

The lads in Travelling Man have been cooing about Daniel Warren Johnson so I might give Do A Powerbomb a go as well. Cheap Kindle comics are very much my friend in this situation.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

I'm two issues into Void Rivals and it feels very much like the kind of Image book I was lapping up before we had my daughter. If the 'name' books are a significant step up I'll be more than happy.

The lads in Travelling Man have been cooing about Daniel Warren Johnson so I might give Do A Powerbomb a go as well. Cheap Kindle comics are very much my friend in this situation.

I love him. Do A Powerbomb is legit in my top 5 of all time. No other story shows why wrestling and comics are awesome like DAP.

I've got a collection of graded #1 variants which are pretty cool.

This one might be the coolest but maybe not my favourite.

IMG_20240206_220410_178.jpg

Noticed that Hasbro have re-released Soundwave and Blaster complete with their cassettes to celebrate the 40th anniversary. Guessing they’re from the original casts. Suppose nothing is more 1980s Transformer than a robot that transforms into a micro cassette recorder.

• Paid Members

Both great characters. Soundwave is legendary for his voice in the cartoon. Plus we have the stellar way he is written in the comics. Occupying that spot just under Starscream. A dependable lieutenant to whoever was leader. But also capable of treachery if he felt it was necessary. He always seemed to know how best to look after Soundwave.

• Paid Members

The big thing they have announced for the 40th is the soundtrack to the show is getting a new Vinyl release and for the first time it'll also be released digitally. I can't wait. I could listen to the back music all day.

• Paid Members

They've also announced a more articulated version of the original Optimus Prime figure. It's being referred to as the missing link. I've never owned and can't remember ever having played with an original Prime mould. I've got a missing link Prime on pre-order. To scratch the itch of owning an original (sort of) Prime.

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested as part of the 40th anniversary of Transformers there's going to be a world wide cinema experience. Here's the press release, some of cinemas (Odeon) are selling tickets now:

TIL ALL ARE ONE: TRANSFORMERS 40th ANNIVERSARY EVENT celebrates a legacy that began in 1984 and hasn’t stopped exciting fans for 40 years. This special cinema experience will take you back to the very beginning as the original voice actors team up for the first time in decades to revisit their characters and recreate the enduring magic of The Transformers. 

An exclusive behind-the-scenes table read appears on a split screen with the pilot episode, More Than Meets the Eye, Part 1, followed by the next three episodes in the first series. Experience the original Saturday morning cartoon for the first time on the big screen and relive its evolution over the years with a sneak peek of the new season of Transformers EarthSpark. 

Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to celebrate 40 years of Transformers action, humor and legacy with fans of all ages at an anniversary event that is truly... More Than Meets the Eye! 

Tickets On Sale from April 10 at: https://go.hasb.ro/3PMSiZH

• Paid Members

Just grabbing tickets now. That will be awesome to see at the cinema. I knew it was coming but assumed it was just in the US. This is ace.

• 2 weeks later...