The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Seeing as Roman isn't on the poster for EC, my prediction is that he isn't even on the show, but Rock is in a promo battle with Paul Heyman and Cody tags with Jey to take on Jimmy and Solo. In the grand old tradition of his dad, Cody gets a horseman beatdown.

I personally can't believe that Roman was on smackdown and did that final run in for the finish of the main event but didn't get in there and speak about the rock and what was said at all on raw. Not at all what we have seen from Roman his entire reign and personally it doesn't come off great with him ignoring it completely.

Anyways I will be absolutely watching raw live tonight with CM PUNK being there and on the show. I know it's been debated on here previously but do we reckon we will see a in ring outing from PUNK before he goes in for the rumble. 

Personally he has blown me away with his work in AEW and I know he can still go in there but I dunno a small outing in a tag match before he goes in for the rumble would be good.

2 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I personally can't believe that Roman was on smackdown and did that final run in for the finish of the main event but didn't get in there and speak about the rock and what was said at all on raw. Not at all what we have seen from Roman his entire reign and personally it doesn't come off great with him ignoring it completely.

Anyways I will be absolutely watching raw live tonight with CM PUNK being there and on the show. I know it's been debated on here previously but do we reckon we will see a in ring outing from PUNK before he goes in for the rumble. 

Personally he has blown me away with his work in AEW and I know he can still go in there but I dunno a small outing in a tag match before he goes in for the rumble would be good.

We shouldn’t but who knows these days.

Back in the pre-network days when selling the PPV was a bigger factor, Punk’s first match involvement for a decade gave a reason to buy the PPV. Now it’s all about network subs, where anyone that would likely want one already has one. 

Im still very old minded when it comes to stuff like this though. His first on screen match for a decade shouldn’t be given away on free TV. I know he’s worked two House Show matches already, but on screen is where it matters, and a PPV show in a stadium matters even more, or at least it should

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Seems to upset loads on here for some reason 

The reason has been explicit.

26 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Isn't it? Doesn't he leave that kind of shit to Paul Heyman?

He posted ?on Twitter after it. He thinks it's laughable. Plus it's not like The Rock actually came out and challenged him. It was a vague thing that popped the crowd and got people talking. That's all.

Roman ain't wasting his time on that.

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Isn't it? Doesn't he leave that kind of shit to Paul Heyman?

He posted ?on Twitter after it. He thinks it's laughable. Plus it's not like The Rock actually came out and challenged him. It was a vague thing that popped the crowd and got people talking. That's all.

Roman ain't wasting his time on that.

Also on the SmackDown opening when he arrives, Kayla asked him what he thought of what The Rock said on RAW but you didn’t really hear the question as the microphone wasn’t working & he just walked off laughing.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

"CM Punk and The Rock will return to WWE within the space of weeks, but both will pale in comparison to the return of R-Truth."

This was not on my 2024 Bingo card, and yet here we are.

Phenomenal. Live laugh love.

Edited by Supremo

I'll say and prefix this with in my opinion..... 

CM punk returning to the WWE has instantly made promo's fucking good and real again. I have missed none word for word scripted promo's which feel forced and to stupid or nonsensical but that promo with drew made me beg for more and now going into the rumble you have something there for me again to look forward to and not a single punch was thrown just a slight tip of the hat to real life and I feel excited for something i didn't give a fuck about with drew recently moaning about how much he deserves a title shot even when he did lose clean last week.

God I didn't fucking realise how much I love Phil brooks lol 

50 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I mean you cried for like a day when he came back. That was probably a sign.

Seriously though, I'm glad someone's enjoying it and it's making it more watchable for you. That's all we want. Just something to invest in or something to laugh at and enjoy. We all enjoy different things.

Personally I'd definitely put that R Truth promo at the top of the highlights. But Drew's been making good progress lately and this was another good week in making me more interested in him again.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'll say and prefix this with in my opinion..... 

CM punk returning to the WWE has instantly made promo's fucking good and real again. I have missed none word for word scripted promo's which feel forced and to stupid or nonsensical but that promo with drew made me beg for more and now going into the rumble you have something there for me again to look forward to and not a single punch was thrown just a slight tip of the hat to real life and I feel excited for something i didn't give a fuck about with drew recently moaning about how much he deserves a title shot even when he did lose clean last week.

Do you need some ventolin after that?

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Phenomenal. Live laugh love.

He's been brilliant, and while I don't think it's likely we'll get it, R-Truth vs. Dominik Mysterio could be a tremendously fun Wrestlemania match. I'd love to see the guy get the chance to wrestle in a singles match at 'Mania once before he retires. 

...assuming he does retire. It's mad that he's 51, and essentially looks the same as he did on his Raw debut, almost 24-years ago. 

• Paid Members

It's incredible how much Rhea looks like the leader in that shot. It's not just the belt either.