The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Delicious Dave Meltzer is saying on this mornings Observer Radio that there is an "Austin level" surprise still to come for Mania.

This is surely an exaggeration because there is only really Hogan and The Rock that are on that level. From the next tier, would Cena really be that big a surprise when he has just done Summerslam and a run of house shows?

5 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Amazed beyond belief if there's a Thesz Press or a pop up powerbomb in the match. Never say never obviously, look at Sting leaping about like a buck eijit for one. Punches, kicks and the Stunner on each side would do lovely though, with a pin at the end. It'll be one of the only things worth tuning into Mania for, if it happens. 

Why a thesz press? It’s not that much of a leap up vertically 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Louch said:

Why a thesz press? It’s not that much of a leap up vertically 

Austin has always seemed a bit of a perfectionist. He mentions all the time that he could do stuff/could have returned, but didn't want to do it if he couldn't go at a good level. I don't think he would want to take any chances doing something that could look like shit, when he hasn't been in the ring in 19 years.

I have no experience whatsoever in a ring, but it's a move that looks pretty simple but probably has a fair bit of timing involved in getting it right. Maybe not worth bothering with if you can do a clothesline into the bounce off the ropes and his elbow onto a stationary, horizontal opponent. 

Doesn't matter anyway. It's going to be Shawn Michaels, JBL, or the Ghost of Kerry Von Erich that's going to stand up for God, Country Music and the Texas Longhorns. 

Edited by WeeAl

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Austin has always seemed a bit of a perfectionist. He mentions all the time that he could do stuff/could have returned, but didn't want to do it if he couldn't go at a good level. I don't think he would want to take any chances doing something that could look like shit, when he hasn't been in the ring in 19 years.

I have no experience whatsoever in a ring, but it's a move that looks pretty simple but probably has a fair bit of timing involved in getting it right. Maybe not worth bothering with if you can do a clothesline into the bounce off the ropes and his elbow onto a stationary, horizontal opponent. 

Doesn't matter anyway. It's going to be Shawn Michaels, JBL, or the Ghost of Kerry Von Erich that's going to stand up for God, Country Music and the Texas Longhorns. 

You jump up as someone runs at you. They fall back. It’s as simple as it gets. Agree I don’t see it, speculation to shift tickets 

• Paid Members
On 1/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Bianca Belair is obviously the 'plan'. 

Give the man a goldfish!

If they wanted to anoint a new star, Belair terminating the run of “the Man” having never been without a belt for 3 years would be the best possible way to do it. As much as I like her, a Lynch win would provoke a “Ohhhh fuck off” reaction akin to Lesnar/Reigns in 2018 from me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Give the man a goldfish!

If they wanted to anoint a new star, Belair terminating the run of “the Man” having never been without a belt for 3 years would be the best possible way to do it. As much as I like her, a Lynch win would provoke a “Ohhhh fuck off” reaction akin to Lesnar/Reigns in 2018 from me.

Didn’t Belair become a new star by beating Sasha Banks at the main event at Wrestlemania last year?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Didn’t Belair become a new star by beating Sasha Banks at the main event at Wrestlemania last year?

False dawn. Mostly diminished by having her squashed like a loser by Lynch at SummerSlam and not look remotely like winning it back since, virtually sat on her hands while Becky has focused on Charlotte (LOL), Morgan and Doudrop. Beating Sasha in 2021 is negligible compared to putting down Becky considering her status in 2022. Or arguably what it would have meant in 2020 OR 2019. Beating The Man for the belt now is the Womens equivalent of beating Lesnar. Beating Sasha was just beating whoever was having a turn, like a Rollins or Miz.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

She should have done, because it was an incredible match. But "star making performances" only work when the company commit to actually making a star at the end of them.

Remember, Drew McIntyre beat Brock Lesnar two years ago, but it hasn't saved him from dicking around with Madcap Moss. Damien Priest has gained a whole load of fuck all from having been the guy in the ring with Bad Bunny last year. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

False dawn. Mostly diminished by having her squashed like a loser by Lynch at SummerSlam and not look remotely like winning it back since, virtually sat on her hands while Becky has focused on Charlotte (LOL), Morgan and Doudrop. Beating Sasha in 2021 is negligible compared to putting down Becky considering her status in 2022. Or arguably what it would have meant in 2020 OR 2019. Beating The Man for the belt now is the Womens equivalent of beating Lesnar. Beating Sasha was just beating whoever was having a turn, like a Rollins or Miz.

Oh I agree with. But that was the narrative they were pushing and that Summerslam squash ruined it all. To be honest people talk about how great it’s been for WWE to finally put world titles on black wrestlers, but look at their championship reigns. Kofi didn’t do much before getting squashed on the first Smackdown on Fox, and Big E’s reign was pretty forgettable as well. Go Lashley I guess. Oh, wait.

Bianca beating Sasha Banks in an historical, warmly received WM Main event means far more than beating this Becky Lynch in the middle of the card. At least it would've done. Now they've spaffed it all and it means little either way.

Becky popping herself with lame heel schtick has negated all her star power. Worst of all, they are Roman Reignsing Bianca Belair. She'll have all the boo boys by spring.