The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Of all the mad, interminable Cody Rhodes chat we’ve had on here, saying it would make more sense to debut Gable Stevenson against Seth at Wrestlemania might be the craziest of all. Fucking hell. Imagine the non-pop that would get! Was Savio Vega busy?

Olympic Gold Medalist gets a starmaking debut, beating a former World champ on WrestleMania, after getting the green light from Vince McMahon himself... or former tag champ from Legacy comes out. There are people there who'll be thinking that. And if we look at the former's potential upside for the company, as a mainstream name with real world credibility... it's not madness, is it? 

Might deflate ten or twenty thousand hatewatchers in the crowd, but anything less than a re-enactment of WrestleMania 17 often does.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, AshC said:

Olympic Gold Medalist gets a starmaking debut, beating a former World champ on WrestleMania, after getting the green light from Vince McMahon himself... or former tag champ from Legacy comes out. There are people there who'll be thinking that. And if we look at the former's potential upside for the company, as a mainstream name with real world credibility... it's not madness, is it? 

Might deflate ten or twenty thousand hatewatchers in the crowd, but anything less than a re-enactment of WrestleMania 17 often does.

Yeah it is, like. Far better to debut him on Raw with way more people watching and preferably with some actual build. 

A surprise match at Mania when maybe 10% will recognise him IS madness. 

Cody's a much bigger star to the hardcore's that will travel to mania, but I wouldn't redebut him there either 

It seems like such low hanging fruit to be critical of WWE these days but that was one of the shittest go home Raws in recent memory.

I know Austin is doing a segment than a match but I feel as though the build to his potential in ring return would be better than this.

Also, Seth is dogshit. Outside of the shield he's done nothing to warrant the praise. That, and he ruined Sting in WWE. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

That, and he ruined Sting in WWE. 

Sting was ruined the moment he walked out to Undertaker & Big Shows old music rather than his own.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:17 AM, air_raid said:

Sting was ruined the moment he walked out to Undertaker & Big Shows old music rather than his own.

Especially considering a few months prior he was in promos for that years 2K game with an awesome orchestral reworking of his Crow theme! 

Him being happy to finally get to WWE was always such a work. Same with Bret's return. Since AEW came on the scene it's like they were both able to stop pretending and just steady their legacy elsewhere. 

• Paid Members

The bold new direction for “the Raw after Mania” was that no champions lost non-title matches. I for one applaud this radical idea, long may it continue.

8 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Him being happy to finally get to WWE was always such a work. Same with Bret's return. Since AEW came on the scene it's like they were both able to stop pretending and just steady their legacy elsewhere. 

I don’t know, Bret had already done his DVD and the Hall of Fame, the former being something he’d talked about for years as wanting his fans to be able to see more of the work he’d done. I think he genuinely wanted to say goodbye in ring to the fans in the company that made him. Even after his Vince program several more times when they asked if he’d do a spot for this Raw or that, he’d come back. I feel like once he moved past Montreal to the point he could do business with them again, that feeling that WWE was home actually came back for him.

32 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The bold new direction for “the Raw after Mania” was that no champions lost non-title matches. I for one applaud this radical idea, long may it continue.

I don’t know, Bret had already done his DVD and the Hall of Fame, the former being something he’d talked about for years as wanting his fans to be able to see more of the work he’d done. I think he genuinely wanted to say goodbye in ring to the fans in the company that made him. Even after his Vince program several more times when they asked if he’d do a spot for this Raw or that, he’d come back. I feel like once he moved past Montreal to the point he could do business with them again, that feeling that WWE was home actually came back for him.

But a champion did get pinned, so there's that.

• Paid Members

Cody's promo was so textbook "epic promo" Cody I had to laugh. Talk about his father - check. Mention his wife and/or daughter - check. Use long, weird out of place words - check. Insider reference - check. Voice crack - check. Start crying - check.

He'll make such a good heel it's frustrating to watch him as a face.

Edited by LaGoosh

He's got to win the big one now, doesn't he? He'll be an absolute chump for the rest of his career if he doesn't. 

I liked the promo. It did feel very box tick but sometimes that's a good thing. They need to lose the riser entrance on shows with no elevated ramp though. Kinda ruins your intrigue when they've wheeled you out in a magicians box. 

It was all downhill from there. It wasn't even a bad post-Mania Raw, it was just a bad Raw full stop. WWE without all your favourite bits from WrestleMania. The only bit of crowd intrigue was the sort of hijacking of the Edge segment, and even that seemed like a well intentioned attempt to get in on it, but invariably dragged what was meant to be something serious and spooky into being pure pantomime. 

Roman done a fifteen minute entrance to tell people watch Smackdown. 

That was the written content for their lynchpin's segment on the biggest Raw of the year. 

Completely unsurprising, but sure feck it. I had to check it out. See you for Summerslam!

• Paid Members

Veer Mahaan is how a drunk northerner would say Vince McMahon

Any other Raw you could have sent out a name changed wrestler and you’d have gotten away with it. Mania Raw crowd eat that shit up and so Ezekiel is already DOA.

So Tony Khan couldn’t promise Cody the big one at MSG. As GAF said, he has to beat Roman for it at MSG or he’ll never recover.

Why have Bron lose Saturday and then win Monday on a non NXT Show?

Omas needed a mouthpiece. Called MVP turning. WWE booking 101.