The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Surely in the building they’d be doing something, they wouldn’t just be standing there would they? 

The times I’ve seen Raw and Smackdown being recorded over here, that’s exactly what to do. The titantron sometimes shows a promo or something about the match and it’s participants. I’m sure it’s just shown the Raw graphic and played the wrestler in the rings music once before. 

• Paid Members

Anyone tuning in to Raw in 2022 and being surprised or disappointed that it's exactly the same as it has been for the last few years need to give up the hope. I've seen on Twitter the amount of people pissed off that they watched a whole Raw and Cody didn't even arrive, when he was never advertised to appear, only the dirtsheets were reporting it.

More fool you, if you are willing to sit through 3 hours of absolute dross in the hopes of Cody fucking Rhodes arriving.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Anyone tuning in for the possibility of Cody adequate Rhodes on the day we lost Scott Hall was born 20 years too late and has a ridiculously low threshold for entertainment. I’m sure there are guys my age who swear Dino Bravo or Boris Zhukov were brilliant and under appreciated but … it’s Cody. They must all be labouring under the assumption he has something interesting and “shooty” to say (he doesn’t) and that he’d be allowed to say it first night back on live TV (he wouldn’t).

Anyway….

On 1/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, air_raid said:

Anyway, the real reason I’m in this thread is to ask ; did WWE do an episode of TV where champions lost a non-title match? Yes they did.

Garth-Crooks.jpg

THREE WEEKS IN A ROW!! Beating the champions on TV is more consistent than Harry Kane!

Pathetic. Throw all the belts away apart from the ones worn by Reigns, Lesnar and Lynch, because they actually mark the holders down as losers.

First time I've decided to watch this in ages, with the hype around Cody and the news of Scott Hall. Everything just seems so lifeless, pointless and artificial, the worst part was KO starting off with a "hey yo" to absolute crickets from the crowd. How anyone can sit through a whole show without wanting to top themselves I'll never know.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Anyone tuning in for the possibility of Cody adequate Rhodes on the day we lost Scott Hall was born 20 years too late and has a ridiculously low threshold for entertainment.

It's the desperation of wanting anything to happen, surely? 

2 hours ago, The Dart said:

I'm not sure what people are expecting of Cody Rhodes returning.   It might be quite fun the night it happens, and he'll have the occasional decent match, but within 2 weeks we'll be bored of him like we were bored of him before he became Stardust.

There's the weird WWE only fans on twitter who seem to think this proves something about how its better than AEW. That's really what it seems to boil down to.

At least Edge has come up with a brand new character. For those who haven't seen, it's absolute genius. Basically, he's wearing a suit and talking down to the people, using an extensive vocabulary to place himself above them. Acting a bit like he's the best in the world at what he does.

I suppose if Jericho could steal Bockwinkel's gimmick thirteen years ago, there's no reason why Edge can't do the same over a decade later.

15 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

In the space of the last segment which was Kevin owens vs Seth rollins they had 4 ad breaks......2 of which came from KO coming out to Seth coming out. They literally went to break came back showed a promo then went back to ad. 

Now it's frustrating watching it at home I can't fucking imagine how annoying it is for the guys in the ring and the fans in the building that have paid to be there

How many "No, wait, I'm even darker!" turns has Edge had over the years, now? It feels like throughout his career when they've struggled to inject some oomph into his angles, they invariably just dim the lights and have him growl a bit more. 

He was sorely in need of new music, at least. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
On 3/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, Daaaaaad! said:

Fun to see the talent discover what watching the show is actually like. 

If Vince ever dies and there’s a real, proper change of direction, I’d love for everyone on the show to suddenly become self aware of all the nonsense like this, like that final episode of Byker Grove.