WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I only have the PC version but I'll let you know if I grab the switch port.

Ah, I thought you meant you had it on Switch. My mistake. 

Anyone playing Outriders?

I am playing via Game Pass. Bit of an annoying launch as the servers couldn't consistently cope over the weekend so people were constantly being booted and losing a bit of progress. Annoyingly even if you purely want to play it as a single player experience there is no offline mode.

Those hiccups aside, its a pretty fun cover based looter shooter. Story and characters are nothing particularly noteworthy but there are tons of builds to fuck about with in terms of your abilities, armour and weapons. The actual combat is very satisfying and it does look and run great when the servers are working.

Good example of a game I wouldnt be rushing to pay £50+ on launch day but enjoying checking it out via the magic of game pass.

Edited by Ironic Indie Lad

4 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Anyone playing Outriders?

I am playing via Game Pass. Bit of an annoying launch as the servers couldn't consistently cope over the weekend so people were constantly being booted and losing a bit of progress. Annoyingly even if you purely want to play it as a single player experience there is no offline mode.

Those hiccups aside, its a pretty fun cover based looter shooter. Story and characters are nothing particularly noteworthy but there are tons of builds to fuck about with in terms of your abilities, armour and weapons. The actual combat is very satisfying and it does look and run great when the servers are working.

Good example of a game I wouldnt be rushing to pay £50+ on launch day but enjoying checking it out via the magic of game pass.

Had a go of the demo on PS4 and I wasn't going to fork out full price for it. 

Good to know it's on game pass. 

Outriders (Game Pass) 

Currently level 9 and I'm enjoying it so far.

Not perfect but much better than the average "live service" (Jim Sterling voice) I can recall. Feels like there is at least some creativity behind it. 

Probably helps that I'm playing it for free. 

Speaking of being able to play things for free and how it changes your attitude towards things, GTA V is going up on the Game Pass today. 

I'm sick to the teeth of it, so of course I've immediately cleared the 80 gigs required to have it on my system. 

It’s gotta slow down once their first party games starts to deliver surely. It makes sense to throw loads of money at new games when they have fuck all of their own coming out but once that impressive array of studios they’ve accumulated starts delivering they can probably start to think about recouping somehow. Thing is how will they do that? They’ll literally have to change the face of gaming to get the subs up and how long will it take for streaming to get to that level?

I did read that game sales actually get a bump when they’ve been on Gamepass, I guess the FOMO is real.

• Paid Members

We all knew Estel was coming at some point. It'll be good to get back into. My guess is that one of the other DLC characters is SOR4 Max, and maybe SOR4 Shiva? Roo won't happen because of the animal rights lot. Maybe they'll reimagine Skate in the SOR4 style. It'll be a lot of fun. 

Pac-Man 99 is a lot of fun. The game itself is free, there are themes (a different aesthetic for the game, Rally X Theme, the usual Namco cosmetic add-ons) that you can buy for the game for £1.69 each, unlock offline, practice and presumably a regular Pacman game as well as done skins and music for £12.99, or a deluxe pack for £29.99 with all the offline modes etc and the various other DLC skins/theme packs.

You play on a regular Pac-Man maze, but not all the dots are filled in. There are some sleeping ghosts up the sides of the map a la Pac-Man Championship Edition, and if you run over them they'll form a train behind one of the regular ghosts. If you grab a power pellet once you've assembled the train and eat the blue ghosts they will appear in somebody else's map as a Pac-Man outline, and will slow enemy Pac-persons down.

After a while a fruit will appear in your maze, and when you collect it, it'll generate a new pattern of dots/sleeping ghosts/power pellets. It's like Pac-Man championship edition meets Tetris 99.

You can choose which players to send your ghosts to in the same (attacker, random, KO, trophy) using the right analogue stick, but also use the face buttons to choose an attribute for your own Pac-Man, such as a speed boost, strength or a couple of others that escape me right now. 99 Pac-people enter, one Pac-person leaves. 

Great to have Streets of Rage 4 DLC, and an excuse to go back and play one of the best - but shortest - games from last year. 

I'd kill for Tony Hawk DLC, but it looks like the original developers will be focusing on Blizzard games after a merger :(.