WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Ishin is 40% of at the moment in the Xbox store sale, down to £32.99. If you fancy buying.

We just did a long distance move so I'm on enforced no spending until someone other than me in this house is working. Just need that lottery win to come in so I can clean out my Steam wishlist.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

We just did a long distance move so I'm on enforced no spending until someone other than me in this house is working. Just need that lottery win to come in so I can clean out my Steam wishlist.

With any luck it being in the sale means it is coming to Game Pass soon.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

I've played Switch MK 1 a bit, it's a birthday present so after today I'll be polite and put it away and actually play fully in a couple of weeks, might get a patch by then who knows?

I've only played Invasion and local matches vs CPU and it plays well. It's smooth, the back grounds look nice, the characters look good. You see flaws (such as more basic faces) when you start seeing them up close in fatalities. The invasion mode replaces the Krypt and is a fun play around the Johnny Cage mansion. 

I did a few fatalities and they looked good, although Sindel's looked bad so maybe others did too. Her hair looked weird and her crown appeared, disappeared, appeared again and then went. I'm sure there were glitches in others but I wasn't looking for them.

Loading times are a ball ache in local fighter. Also they need to redo the character select screen, it's very very slow. 

MK 1 introduces quite a few micro transactions, nothing you need like 2K Drive, but you can pay for Easy Fatality coins and some skins. Most skins you can earn coins and buy. You can buy extra Kameo fighters but I wouldn't bother, you get about 10 built in already.

Obviously I've played very little but I would suggest to wait til it goes down in price. I got it from www.frostgaming.org  for £47. I love Mortal Kombat so I still enjoy it, but not everyone is into it like me. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Remember the days when you had to pray for a Western Yakuza release? And then when it did come out it was missing loads of content.

I tried Yakuza 0 (I think) again earlier in the year and sacked it off once I started having to assign hostesses in my club to the best clients to suit, and some schoolgirl underwear racket just made me conclude it was too noncey for me. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Anyone played Red Dead on Switch yet? Might pick it up for my holiday next month. Even though the second one is in my top 3 I’ve never played the first one after it played like shit on PS Now with dropped frames giving it a weird motion. If it plays smooth I can’t think of a better way to play it than taking long luxurious shits on a Greek island whilst hiding from my Mrs and kids.

I haven't played it. I've been curious about it and watched a good few performance videos though. It seems fine, more stable than the 360 and PS3 (this one was a little janky already before you even added PS Now into the mix) versions were on their hardware originally. Probably about as good a port as you could ask for. Jump in, it's a king anywhere!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

@Jesse and all Yakuza fans. Gaiden has been announced as day one on Game Pass. Ishin to be on Game Pass before the end of 2023 as well.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/like-a-dragon-gaiden-the-man-who-erased-his-name-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-on-day-one-like-a-dragon-ishin-coming-in-2023

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

23 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Remember the days when you had to pray for a Western Yakuza release? And then when it did come out it was missing loads of content.

To be fair I'm pretty sure that Y3 was the only game in the series with a substantial amount of cut content. 

Outside of that it was mostly music that was changed due to notoriously complicated copyright issues or that trivia game that was apparently a ballache to translate.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

@Jesse and all Yakuza fans. Gaiden has been announced as day one on Game Pass. Ishin to be on Game Pass before the end of 2023 as well.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/like-a-dragon-gaiden-the-man-who-erased-his-name-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-on-day-one-like-a-dragon-ishin-coming-in-2023

You're a beautiful fella