Worst Films You Ever Saw At The Cinema

Devon Malcolm

Judge Dredd (the later version), Robocop (the last one), Rogue One (a lot of people will disagree with me on that but I thought it was boring AF), Terminator Genisys, Book of Shadows - Blair Witch 2 and worst of all, the League of Gentlemen movie (utter shit and if I wasn't with my friends at the time who I'd driven to the cinema, I'd have walked out early).

1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Judge Dredd (the later version), Robocop (the last one), Rogue One (a lot of people will disagree with me on that but I thought it was boring AF), Terminator Genisys, Book of Shadows - Blair Witch 2 and worst of all, the League of Gentlemen movie (utter shit and if I wasn't with my friends at the time who I'd driven to the cinema, I'd have walked out early).

If you're referring to the Dredd film starring Karl Urban then I'm not having that at all. That film is fantastic. 

• Paid Members

I was dating a Girl who was miles out of my league (I still don't know how,why she went out with me) and she wanted to see Mrs Browns Boys Da Movie.  It was so shit it made the awful TV show look like Faulty Towers. Luckily she also thought it was crap and we left and went to the pub. It didn't last long with her but we're still mates but Ive also never quite  forgiven her for going to see that steaming turd. 

1 hour ago, Divorced Dad said:

If you're referring to the Dredd film starring Karl Urban then I'm not having that at all. That film is fantastic. 

We've also had White Sands and Tinker Tailor talked down in this thead, so it's in good company!  Each to their own though, if you were a big fan of the Stallone one you'd have been mightily disappointed by the sequel.

I found the 2012 Judge Dredd to be boring and I struggled to stay awake. Dare I say it seemed like it was done on the cheap too? I don't get the love for that film at all. Couldn't stand it. But then I was never a fan of the comics and was dragged along to the cinema by a friend who insisted on watching it.

• Paid Members

either Bruno, which is the closest I've ever come to walking out on a film, or Mission to Mars, which I watched all of and remember none of.

Or the '98 Godzilla, but I enjoyed it at the time, so it probably doesn't count.

13 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Sliding fucking Doors. 

Holy shit.  This has triggered a long suppressed memory of seeing this in the cinema, and HATING the whole experience.  This is a very good shout.

We watched Pandemic last night, and the best bit was watching Gwyneth Paltrow die.

14 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Or the '98 Godzilla, but I enjoyed it at the time, so it probably doesn't count.

I loved that film at the time. I watched it last week and it's still decent fun despite some glaringly shit bits and Godzilla's stupid square face.

The Peter Jackson version of King Kong was three hours of torture in a cinema made even worse by the fact that between getting to the cinema and leaving there'd been about 4 inches of snow. I was on a date, we had a lovely walk in the snow to the bus station after the film, said our goodbyes and my bus turned up before hers so off I popped. Gets home to frantic phone calls from her that all the busses had been cancelled literally as mine had set off, leaving her stranded 10 miles from home with a dying early 2000s mobile. Spent the following couple of hours trying to get her a taxi before her phone battery died. Never saw her again. Fucking Peter Jackson.

• Paid Members

The Mirror Has Two Faces was a horrendous experience at 16 years of age. Once I had my UCI nachos and cheese rinsed by the trailers' end, I was faced with some of the worst hours of my life, followed by a huge row with my girlfriend outside the cinema as a consequence. And when I stormed off from her in a huff, I tried to jump over the rat river beside the cinema and fell in.
All I remember was her in her poxy Smashing Pumpkins 'Zero' t-shirt sneering at me, as I sat in rat and junkie piddle.
I don't remember whose idea it was to go to that, it could have been me, but I blamed her, because she enjoyed it.

Open Water was another one. Not just the worst movie I've ever seen in the cinema, but probably the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. At least my going to a Barbra Streisand movie was purely my own fault, and I should have known better, but I bought into the hype of this and all it was was two cunts floating in the drink for about two hours, arguing about their relationship and then they're

gone.

Honourable mentions to Bio-Dome, Before I Go to Sleep and Requiem for a Dream. I appreciate what the 'Requiem' was trying to achieve, but I walked out of that genuinely feeling like I needed sectioning, a cuddle and a Care Bear.