Worst Films You Ever Saw At The Cinema

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 6/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, PowerButchi said:

Sliding fucking Doors. 

Was supposed to see that on a first date. Ended up in hospital after taking a chunk out of my arm. We've been together 22 years but I've still never seen the film.

Saw some other utter shite with my missus back then though. City of Angels was one. Another one with an island and one of them planes that land on the water that I can't even remember.

Also seen a ton of shit kids films, either from when I was young, like Three Ninja Kids, or with my kids, like Hannah Montana: The Movie.

And my answer is always Avatar. So bad, I fell asleep.

Edit:

Six_days_seven_nights.jpg

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Was supposed to see that on a first date. Ended up in hospital after taking a chunk out of my arm. We've been together 22 years but I've still never seen the film.

Just imagine, in some alternative universe, you didn't end up in hospital, but something might have prevented you getting together, spending 22 years just missing each other, but maybe finding each other eventually.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Saw some other utter shite with my missus back then though. City of Angels was one. Another one with an island and one of them planes that land on the water that I can't even remember.

Also seen a ton of shit kids films, either from when I was young, like Three Ninja Kids, or with my kids, like Hannah Montana: The Movie.

And my answer is always Avatar. So bad, I fell asleep.

Is City Of Angels that Nicolas Cage Romcom based on that German existentialist piece? 

City of Angels has the timeless exchange between Nic Cage and Meg Ryan where he asks her what a pear tastes like and when she asks him if he doesn’t know what a pear tastes like he replies “I don’t know what a pear tastes like to you.” Fucking garbage.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

He sure knew what a peach tasted like though, by golly.

He's very familiar with the taste of scenery as well. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

No, you're thinking of Con Air.

Can't help but think it would have felt different if they'd cast Joan Cusack instead of John. 

• Paid Members

Shit, I’ve just remembered my first trip to the cinema with my now wife was 2005 Michael Keaton staring White Noise. It lived up to its name as can remember nothing about it, and from then on I was left in charge of picking the trips to the cinema for a while. 

The Village. An absolute stinking pile of shite. I've never wanted to walk out of a cinema more. Unfortunately, I was my sisters lift and she couldn't be talked in to leaving as she thought it might get better. It didn't. She apologised afterwards. 

• Paid Members

I remembered about the last film I went to see. Some very odd Scottish football film, directed by Robert Duvall, starring Michael Keaton and bloody Ally McCoist in a lead role. It's mental. "A Shot At Glory" I think it was called. Don't think I've ever seen it on TV. I remember there were was a big hoopla because Duvall was directing it, but it was shite. Taking a little village team to the Scottish Cup Final was the story, I think. Trying to be "Local Hero".