2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Places in history I would visit in my time machine

- Akkad during the reign of Sargon

- Constantinople before it was sacked by the Arabs, so maybe around 1400

- Rome in the reign of Diocletian

- Baku in the 15 century

- India under Samudragupta

Oh yeah, all of these for me too.

Plus that time Lenny Kravitz ripped his trousers during a concert and his dick fell out.

8 January 2005. I'd go back to the day when Exeter, as a non-league side, thrashed Man Utd 0-0 at Old Trafford. Since that day, I've got married and seen both my children being born, but thats still the best day of my life. 

Historically, I'd love to go back to Roman times and see the Colloseum in Rome in all its glory. 

• Paid Members

I was about to say being there for the Moon landing would be a good one, but it wouldn't be. I'd be the only person not wandering whether they're going to pull it off or not.

I reckon I'd go and see how overhyped Jesus feeding the 5000 is.

Concerts/shows are definitely where this time machine is going to be of benefit. Being able to go see favourite artists at their peak (or lowest, if that's your thing). Queen at Live Aid, Michael Jackson on the Pepsi tour, Iron Maiden at Long Beach in 1985, Frank Zappa at either a Hallowe'en show or the insane 1988 tour. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I was about to say being there for the Moon landing would be a good one, but it wouldn't be. I'd be the only person not wandering whether they're going to pull it off or not.

I reckon I'd go and see how overhyped Jesus feeding the 5000 is.

Concerts/shows are definitely where this time machine is going to be of benefit. Being able to go see favourite artists at their peak (or lowest, if that's your thing). Queen at Live Aid, Michael Jackson on the Pepsi tour, Iron Maiden at Long Beach in 1985, Frank Zappa at either a Hallowe'en show or the insane 1988 tour. 

For a moment I thought you meant physically on the moon. Imagine the fright they would get seeing you there. 

Big concerts does seem to be most natural fit. I have no interest in music however so would be lying if I said I was desperate to go to any of those shows. I'm sure even just drinking in the atmosphere would be awesome .

Sporting wise, a game I was only days old for, Everton 3-1 Bayern Munich in 1985

Musically, go back to the Motown era as that is the music I grew up on thanks to my parents

In general to have a chance to live in the 50s, always been fascinated about that decade, mainly from watching movies/tv set in that decade

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

In general to have a chance to live in the 50s, always been fascinated about that decade, mainly from watching movies/tv set in that decade

Yeah same here, although I am convinced that the Grease/American Graffiti/Happy Days image is massively glossed to make it look much better and cooler than it was in those days. A bit like if watching Skins you assume that all teenage house parties were like that.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah same here, although I am convinced that the Grease/American Graffiti/Happy Days image is massively glossed to make it look much better and cooler than it was in those days.

It's the era of parents being absolutely scandalised by doddery old Bill Haley, so the moment you forgot yourself and said fuck, some 1950's cops would probably beat you to death on the sidewalk.

• Paid Members

So many choices.

The Roman senate on the Ides of March when Caesar was assassinated

Greece in antiquity

Ancient Zimbabwe

Japan during the Nation At War era

Shang China in the second millennium BC

Native north America

The Indus river valley civilisation

Most of all, though, I'd love to see the Inca Empire, plus the Aztec and Mayan Empires. Obviously, I'd get the fuck out of there the moment I'd seen them.