Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

Correct if I'm wrong but furlough in the US basically means unpaid leave.  I don't think the US government are guaranteeing a percentage of wages are they?

I think it does now, they announced a benefit package recently.

• Paid Members

As I said way back when we discussing Vince hoarding talent, I'd not be shy about getting rid of guys they've no use for - even before recent problems - rather than holding on to them or signing guys to sign AEW. If All-Elite sign all of these guys, it hurts them rather than helps. I'd have taken that risk long ago and cut all of these people they have no use for. I wouldn't have done it now, that's harsh.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, The Dart said:

Heath Slater as well.  Thought he'd be there forever.

The 3MB WWE title trifecta will have to wait :(

• Paid Members

These are gonna be guys on bigger than average contracts based off TNA, Japan when they signed but not being used at all in most cases. Young, OC, EC3, Drake etc. 

If they can lose these guys and just use Florida jobbers for the next few months to do enhancement of people, it'll save them cash, I would guess with independent contracts they've been paid a downside already but without doing appearances they haven't had to pay too much off? 

I'd expect to see a few more today too. Does make me wonder if AJ is done too, can't see him being overjoyed about Gallows and Anderson going. 

Edit: it's the last day of the financial year in the US. Guess if they pay off these guys now it'll help the tax bill rather the getting rid of them next week? 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

Every promoter on the planet should be trying to get hold of Drake Maverick’s number. What a talent.

Lance Storm gone, too. Didn’t he close his school for the specific purpose of being an agent for WWE? Rough.

Edited by Supremo

Finlay, Lance Storm, The Hurricane and IRS all gone too according to PWI.  Those ones probably won't get published on wwe.com.

Also Billy Kidman and Daivari.

I'd imagine lots of developmental wrestlers and staff will be going.

Edited by The Dart

'The Club' were fucking awful anyway, and probably on decent contracts. Pity Gallows never could translate his personality to TV, that Cliff Compton 'Time to Die' with him as Sex Ferguson was excellent. Anderson is a total dullard.