Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They've got a one way system once you’re inside, but this being Britain that’s as much use of a chocolate teapot

My post office has checkered tape on the floor, being a small shop, with a line to wait behind and box to stand in so it can keep the distance for 3 customers indoors at once (although standing in the box marker does make it look like your trying to hide behind the paraffin). 

Anyway, for this to work it means after you finish you need to exit around the back of the genoa cake and hobnobs otherwise you walk through the other people rendering them standing like nobs pointless. 

The look of confusion on people's faces trying to work this out made filing my taxes (because they'll get there's come hell or highwater) slightly more pleasant. 

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Morrisons near me always has a queue.  However, the other day, we walked past the front door and started to make our way to the back of the queue and heard an "Excuse me" a few times and cottoned on he was talking to us.  It was one of the managers and he'd noticed my gf was wearing a sunflower lanyard (https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com) and said whenever we come to the store to show it to the door staff and we can go straight in.

I thought it was a really nice thing to do and qualifies for the above and beyond category.

They also do a quiet hour Saturday mornings for those on the autistic spectrum, where they have no music or tannoy announcements.

As a business they try hard.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

They also do a quiet hour Saturday mornings for those on the autistic spectrum, where they have no music or tannoy announcements.

As a business they try hard.

The one near me fucking doesn't.

It was doing great, but over the last week, they've abandoned social distancing altogether. They have the barricade splitting the entrance corridor, but since they have nobody enforcing it now, it's a free-for-all, and people are going in and out through both. The barrier just gives you half the space to avoid people. And no staff inside are doing a thing. It was just a regular packed supermarket.

It's really fucking scary.

• Paid Members

Where I live, Aldi/Lidl are the best for this by far and its relatively quiet. The ASDA is atrocious and while I obviously understand why, walking around a supermarket where everyone is wearing face masks freaks me out no end.

From a Welsh point of view, I am disgusted by the UK Gov't briefing and the coverage plastered across the papers this morning, not only for the triumphism but the lack of regard for areas outside of London. There is accepted evidence that parts of rural north Wales (where I live) has yet to hit its own peak, yet its being plastered across everywhere that the lockdown is essentially over.

Sadly there is no Welsh press to speak of, but even if we had one, the hoardes of holidaymakers from Merseyside and Lancashire wouldn't see it anyway, and are going to arrive here in droves despite the Welsh Government being well within its rights to maintain our lockdown for as long as it sees fit.

It was yesterday in my suburb of Stockport. Although frankly a lot of the people delivering the message were pretty counter productive.

Michael Carrick and Marcus Rashford loudly telling me to stay indoors are probably likely to make me rebelliously hug old ladies.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Has anyone else had massive video walls on trucks touring their neighbourhood, blaring out messages to stay indoors. 

Had a walk into my village to get some milk and wandered into 1984. You seen this in your part of the Moor @Devon Malcolm?

I haven't! Haven't heard anything either as we're pretty central. How weird, I'll keep an ear out.

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I haven't! Haven't heard anything either as we're pretty central. How weird, I'll keep an ear out.

It drove past the Savoy and parked outside Thornfield Park. The fact that they did it around one of the more genteel areas in Greater Manchester was mind blowing.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

It drove past the Savoy and parked outside Thornfield Park. The fact that they did it around one of the more genteel areas in Greater Manchester was mind blowing.

It can get pretty rough round here though, especially around Heaton's Pizza House on a Friday night. Once saw somebody shouting outside there, it was scary.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It can get pretty rough round here though, especially around Heaton's Pizza House on a Friday night. Once saw somebody shouting outside there, it was scary.

Probably checking there was nobody gathering outside the front of the Elizabethan.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Michael Carrick and Marcus Rashford loudly telling me to stay indoors are probably likely to make me rebelliously hug old ladies

Thank god it wasn't Wayne Rooney. 

• Moderators

So we've had applause, banging of pots, fireworks while light and now incessant honking of horn. I'm trying to watch the Dispatches episode The Club. Fuck off.. 

It's a great episode though.