Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Disagree actually, the boat is hilarious but there's extreme virtue signalling and publicity hungry nonsense like that, but its outnumbered by heartfelt genuine shows of support (ie, clapping from your house window) that seem to be appreciated by the recipients.

You're of course correct about the funding, but people can and should do both.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
Just now, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Disagree actually, the boat is hilarious but there's extreme virtue signalling and publicity hungry nonsense like that is outnumbered by heartfelt genuine shows of support (ie, clapping from your house window) that seem to be appreciated by the recipients.

Clapping for the NHS first time was fine, I thought it was a nice gesture. The subsequent gatherings (like the one in the video above) are dangerous for a start, and all the other serious similar suggestions (clapping for Boris the PM, singing happy birthday to the queen) can suck a fat one.

Just now, PunkStep said:

Clapping for the NHS first time was fine, I thought it was a nice gesture. The subsequent gatherings (like the one in the video above) are dangerous for a start, and all the other serious similar suggestions (clapping for Boris the PM, singing happy birthday to the queen) can suck a fat one.

Keep the clapping at a safe distance for key workers and Dion Dublin's birthday, shelve everything else :D

• Paid Members

The council in Bristol have opened a temporary overspill morgue near us. It's a bunch of refrigerated shipping containers in a marquee in a car park. It's totally grim.

But they did open it with a multi-faith ceremony under social distancing rules that led to this wonderfully bizarre picture.

City-leaders-and-faith-leaders-outside-t

• Paid Members

Piers Morgan, though perfectly nice to me when I did a TV job with him 15 years ago, is normally a massive thundercunt. HOWEVER, the way he's been taken the Tories to task every morning and not allowing them to spout their nonsense without scrutiny means he's doing a better journalistic job then the actual journalists.

And now the NHS are saying forget what the packaging says, you can re-use single use PPE equipment due to shortages. Great. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, JNLister said:

The council in Bristol have opened a temporary overspill morgue near us. It's a bunch of refrigerated shipping containers in a marquee in a car park. It's totally grim.

But they did open it with a multi-faith ceremony under social distancing rules that led to this wonderfully bizarre picture.

City-leaders-and-faith-leaders-outside-t

On the right, is that the Mayor or a Town Cryer? I'm not sure about the religion of either of them but I think Town Cryer's are all baptists. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

On the right, is that the Mayor or a Town Cryer? I'm not sure about the religion of either of them but I think Town Cryer's are all baptists. 

Far left is the actual directly elected mayor. Far right is the Lord Mayor, a councillor taking her turn in a ceremonial role who enjoys wearing the garb far too much. She should have Mr T-style 170-year-old chains as well, but they recently got nicked.