Rocky Johnson has died aged 75

I Bent My Wookie

I went to a comic-con in London in 2015 which he was a guest at.

Rocky Johnson was signing autographs at a desk sitting next to Road Warrior Animal. I approached because I wanted Animal to sign my copy of his book, but they were mid-conversation.

"Tony Atlas could pick people up, but he didn't know how to work!" was the first thing I heard him say before they tried to work out how many famous teams they had both worked opposite.

As the conversation ended I did the transaction with Animal and Rocky interjected to say "Sorry for keeping you waiting, young man". Then when I ballsed-up taking a selfie on my phone with Animal, he offered to take the photo of us for me.

Nice bloke. R.I.P.

2 hours ago, dopper said:

I went to a comic-con in London in 2015 which he was a guest at.

Rocky Johnson was signing autographs at a desk sitting next to Road Warrior Animal. I approached because I wanted Animal to sign my copy of his book, but they were mid-conversation.

"Tony Atlas could pick people up, but he didn't know how to work!" was the first thing I heard him say before they tried to work out how many famous teams they had both worked opposite.

As the conversation ended I did the transaction with Animal and Rocky interjected to say "Sorry for keeping you waiting, young man". Then when I ballsed-up taking a selfie on my phone with Animal, he offered to take the photo of us for me.

Nice bloke. R.I.P.

I’m sure Rocky was pissed and bummed that all your attention was on Animal, and not him.

• Paid Members

Why on earth is nobody talking about this.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/reports-of-bizarre-behavior-from-vince-mcmahon-and-pat-patterson-at-rocky-johnsons-funeral/

According to Devon Nicholson and Superstar Billy Graham, there were some issues at the funeral for Rocky Johnson. Graham said that he was told about what happened from his mother-in-law because she was there due to her friendship with Rocky’s wife.

In a now-deleted Facebook post, Graham claimed that there were two low points during the funeral. He said that Vince McMahon got up at one point and said, “Rocky did one good thing in his life, he married Ata and had some kids.” Graham said that Vince did his “working strut” off the platform and then he sat down.

Graham went on to say that Pat Patterson said some nice things about Rocky from their time in San Francisco but things took a turn for the worse. He said, “out of nowhere Patterson goes into this rant and called Rocky Johnson, laying dead in the casket right below him, a mother F-er and started this vulgar rant about how worthless Rocky was and a bunch of guys had to drag Patterson off the church platform and sit him down.”

Graham added, “Patterson who just turned 81 must be losing his mind literally. Only in pro wrestling folks, very sad to hear about this and I actually feel a bit ill over this bizarre behavior.”

On his Hannibal TV YouTube channel, Devon Nicholson said that he spoke with other people who were at the funeral and one person told him that he was not going to defend what Vince did at the funeral. Nicholson says that the same person told him that Patterson used the word “Godda*m” and “sh*t” during his speech. Nicholson said that it was confirmed to him that there was drama at the funeral and there was some frustration about the preacher speaking for more than an hour and he allegedly was very negative towards pro wrestling. Nicholson said the funeral was originally supposed to take place at a much smaller place in front of 100 close friends and family members but it ended up being moved to a massive church.

Because none of the credible wrestling news sites have reported on it. 

If Superstar Billy Graham is the one commenting on Vince McMahon’s alleged conduct (much like Jesse Ventura or Billy Jack Haynes) it’s probably best to wait for a more reliable source before taking it seriously.