2020 - The Good Shit

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

It looks awesome, but very expensive for an app. May wait until he’s a bit older. He does use Pecs but doesn’t have a great grasp. I did start an Autism thread once upon a moon (as I was having my first proper mental breakdown) but if it’s something for people to discuss, maybe we could move the chat there 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It looks awesome, but very expensive for an app. May wait until he’s a bit older. He does use Pecs but doesn’t have a great grasp. I did start an Autism thread once upon a moon (as I was having my first proper mental breakdown) but if it’s something for people to discuss, maybe we could move the chat there 

Happy to move the chat over 

This place is the good shit, as evidenced by the recent posts in this thread. It really is beautiful when a “Real life” issue is mentioned on here and people are always there to lend support and advice. I think this place is a serious resource when it comes to help. We might be a bunch of bellends bit when we help each other out, it’s a thing of beauty. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

This place is the good shit, as evidenced by the recent posts in this thread. It really is beautiful when a “Real life” issue is mentioned on here and people are always there to lend support and advice. I think this place is a serious resource when it comes to help. We might be a bunch of bellends bit when we help each other out, it’s a thing of beauty. 

Such a fucking crowd pleaser aren’t you? Desperate to reach 11,000 you shameless slut*

* agree though 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My manager has been heaping me with praise because I've been performing well on some projects I've been given at work. Today I had to brief out about a new system that may add a minute onto our job, but potentially save another department hours. I've also been getting called into Continuous improvement meetings to update the management team on how my onboarding project that I'm working on with HR is going, and he's impressed by how well I get the information across. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Been struggling with my mental health for a while now largely caused by work and having a tough class this year. 

Been changing things up recently with them to try and engage them more in their learning and give them more leadership and ownership of their learning. 

Decided that today we were going to turn the whole day over to investigation/enquiry based learning and had an absolutely brilliant day with them today. Every single child behaved amazingly, took their learning in a direction they wanted to and showed a high level of engagement with it. 

First day in ages where I've left work and felt positive about it instead of stressed and drained. 

Applied for a 30 hour a week contract in work 4 weeks ago (currently do 20 a week), interviewed for it 2 weeks ago and got told on Wednesday that it had been successful so starting Monday, instead of doing 5-9 five nights a week, I'll be doing 12-6.30 over the same period. What made it mindblowingly better was finding out that, despite my obvious nervousness, I'd impressed my interviewing (and floor) manager and the HR boss so much with the answers I gave that they had decided there and then that I was going to be getting one of the 10 contracts that were on offer

• Paid Members

I’m a lucky man. I’m now just over 2 months in to my new job I posted (OP) and I’m still absolutely loving it. Our woodwork sessions are pretty much full now and we’re getting positive feedback from the attendees and charity. 

Due to the nature of the sessions, we normally have a few hours in between so work on our own stuff with scrap wood that’s no good for the sessions (can’t be carved due to style). I made this on Friday. It started off as a smashed up length of kitchen worktop, and some scrap metal, including pieces that looked like they were from an old barbers chair. Anyway, after some cutting, sanding, oiling, waxing and polishing I made this little table. Could probs use it as a TV stand. Oh and some random carved animals. Will probs cast them and make resin duplicates. Anyway yeah, all is great and I’m truly happy with employment for the first time in around 18 years.

7B81A17A-881F-4217-A8E1-26EDF4AF5B86.jpeg

5428F075-454B-4CF1-8E33-AE7E9BC3C19C.jpeg

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

Great stuff Kaz! Would you ever consider taking requests for carved animals?

Thanks very much. We probably would yes. It would likely be something we would incorporate in to the sessions we run, rather than me doing it as an individual, purely due to materials we have and needing to prioritise the attendees sessions.