2020 - The Good Shit

Kaz Hayashi

I’m going to be football coaching for Mind Kingston next week for service users. Hopefully to enter into some tournaments this summer.

Playing football weekly is my number one outlet for some of the problems I have, and I am a great believer in the wonders of exercise as a release so I am beyond buzzing.

• Awards Moderator

Sound, that, Bacon. Genuinely made up for you. A good mate of mine went through a shite divorce and his main release was/is doing what you’re doing.

He was on his arse beforehand - genuinely on the brink - and whilst the footy wasn’t his sole saviour, the one constant he’s had in his life when he didn’t see his kids was the twice-weekly kick-around. He also runs the kids’ team which helps.

Can’t describe how much of a difference I’ve seen in him. Hopefully you’ll feel the same benefits. Well in.

17 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Sound, that, Bacon. Genuinely made up for you. A good mate of mine went through a shite divorce and his main release was/is doing what you’re doing.

He was on his arse beforehand - genuinely on the brink - and whilst the footy wasn’t his sole saviour, the one constant he’s had in his life when he didn’t see his kids was the twice-weekly kick-around. He also runs the kids’ team which helps.

Can’t describe how much of a difference I’ve seen in him. Hopefully you’ll feel the same benefits. Well in.

Great stuff. I love playing (I really miss it when it’s cancelled which thankfully is rare) and I see this as giving something back to people in a similar situation as I’ve been in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am pretty sure it isn't Blessed's footage being used anyway. Looks like new footage

I wonder why. Sam Jones looked well. As did Alex Winter.

@quote the raven that's brilliant. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

My son has started to use an iPad with an app to talk. After years of having no voice he can now almost verbally communicate. 

As a dad who also has a non verbal 6 year old, I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that. The most amazing news! What is the app?

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As a dad who also has a non verbal 6 year old, I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that. The most amazing news! What is the app?

Sorry of the off topic of sorts, I take it you’ve seen the documentary about the lad who initially only communicated via Disney? I thought it was absolutely beautiful and really informative to someone with no experience of autism in his life. 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sorry of the off topic of sorts, I take it you’ve seen the documentary about the lad who initially only communicated via Disney? I thought it was absolutely beautiful and really informative to someone with no experience of autism in his life. 

We watched it i think a month after his diagnosis was confirmed. Absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. Especially as we have no idea how my son will be as he gets older. For anyone interested it is called Life, Animated. The animation used in it (by Mac Guff) ties it all in so well. My wife bought the book of which the Documentary was then made from written by the boys dad. I honestly recommend it to everyone, even people who hate Disney. It's been on BBC 4 a few times.

We also tried the puppet thing with his Toy Story toys, but no dice

Edited by Hannibal Scorch