Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

When did Pete lose his internet points? He's still pretty over with the  'smark' fan base isn't he? (Rightfully so as he's superb)

This isn't the thread to get it into it, but him posting a lot about how 'BritWres is fine', about how WWE is actually helping the UK independent scene (fucking hell) and his little online tantrum over David Starr stepping on the UK title (which Starr did during a story-heavy match with UK champ WALTER) haven't painted him in the best light the past 12 months. He's still great bell-to-bell though, no denying that.

• Paid Members

If you're basing your opinion based on "Aaren didn't say anything for a week", consider the people who are making that claim, and who stand to benefit.

I found out about this the night of the show, because Aaren told people. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

This isn't the thread to get it into it, but him posting a lot about how 'BritWres is fine', about how WWE is actually helping the UK independent scene (fucking hell) and his little online tantrum over David Starr stepping on the UK title (which Starr did during a story-heavy match with UK champ WALTER) haven't painted him in the best light the past 12 months. He's still great bell-to-bell though, no denying that.

Sound's like he's about a 3/10 on the Will Ospreay scale in that case.

I really think they need to be really careful with their next move. Especially after the private messages were revealed. Ah, who am I kidding, it's wrestling, people will forget about it in a few months probably

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

If you're basing your opinion based on "Aaren didn't say anything for a week", consider the people who are making that claim, and who stand to benefit.

Also, what's not to say he kept quiet for a week hoping something would happen, and nothing did? 

58 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

z0sbep42zgl31.jpg

I love that picture. At the time people were accusing Walter of being unsafe against Bodom, oh well. 

I don't think this will hurt Andy regarding the more local shows he does, the fans who go will probably never be aware of this shit storm. The cockpit shows are heavily sold on a season ticket, so he has sold most of those and those fans will forget or forgive in 4 months. However any forthcoming York Hall shows or new japan merch sales could suffer. 

4 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

When did Pete lose his internet points? He's still pretty over with the  'smark' fan base isn't he? (Rightfully so as he's superb)

He hates the pwi 500, and we love lists 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

However any forthcoming York Hall shows or new japan merch sales could suffer. 

Doubt it. Plenty of people will see RevPro's apology as the end of it, and even a lot of those who think RevPro are still at fault will suddenly forget their conscience and buy tickets the moment they announce Okada or Naito or whoever again.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Is it unreasonable to ask why he tweeted the night of the show saying how it was great to be around professionals at the top of their craft under a vast learning tree if he was upset by this incident and felt the way he says? 

I suppose I can only speak for myself but if I felt I'd been physically assaulted, raised concerns that night and felt that nobody had done anything about it I wouldn't have jumped onto twitter to say how great of a time I had had.

He's also since said he trained for over 2 years at XWA in Morecambe. The Bodom stuff excluded, are we having that someome with 2 years training couldn't safely take a scoop slam bump given the video doing the rounds also? 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

2 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Is it unreasonable to ask why he tweeted the night of the show saying how it was great to be around professionals at the top of their craft under a vast learning tree if he was upset by this incident and felt the way he says? 

I suppose I can only speak for myself but if I felt I'd been physically assaulted, raised concerns that night and felt that nobody had done anything about it I wouldn't have jumped onto twitter to say how great of a time I had had.

He's also since said he trained for over 2 years at XWA in Morecambe. The Bodom stuff excluded, are having that someome with 2 years training couldn't safely take a scoop slam bump given the video doing the rounds also? 

There's massive difference between taking a bump you know is coming and being forcefully picked up and dumped on the canvas.

To answer the first part: I'd guess because at that point he didn't know he wouldn't be able to ref again & the easiest way to stop getting work is to be public about issues within a company (or even just not sufficiently grateful enough). He also has no memory of the Bodom attack, which suggests he was suffering from the effects of it, so I don't find it that surprising he initially didn't want to make a big deal of the Sha stuff - and he was right, seeing the way people both within & without the industry responded to it.

If the Bodom stuff hadn't happened I bet the majority response would have been that Sha was right, and that he should have taken the bump properly.

Edit: And as someone who also trained for quite a few years, it looked like Sha was tucking the ref's head, but if you're not ready/are resisting (because you've just been unexpectedly grabbed by a physically larger wrestler, say) then it's easy for your body to not come down flat. See it a lot in new trainees who are scared, and I could imagine a fear response kicking in for me in this situation (especially if Sha wasn't communicating).

Edited by Polish Dad
More info