Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members
On 8/3/2023 at 4:50 PM, Merzbow said:

These new garlic bread crisps from Aldi are fucking gorgeous, I've always liked a garlic crisp and wonder why you so rarely get them?

spacer.png

The stuff you post never reaches my aldi, every time I go I still check for those Bombay potato crisps you mentioned ages ago but they never appeared. I'm sure these bastards will be the same.

2 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The stuff you post never reaches my aldi, every time I go I still check for those Bombay potato crisps you mentioned ages ago but they never appeared. I'm sure these bastards will be the same.

Our Aldi had them in today. Those and the croque monsieur flavour. Will be trying them both soon 

2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Our Aldi had them in today. Those and the croque monsieur flavour. Will be trying them both soon 

I definitely wasn’t sold on the garlic bread flavoured crisps, but croque monsieur sounds all sorts of interesting. I’ll be giving that a go for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Finally tried McCoys "Epic Eats" Chip Shop Curry Sauce over the weekend... was hoping for a touch of nostalgia for the Walkers Max version of the same flavour and that's exactly what I got. Because I have that type of brain it's sent me down a rabbit hole about all the different flavours including remembering absolutely caning multi packs of "McCoys Spice" which came in the black packets in three flavours - Mexican Chilli, Firecracker Chicken and a third that I forget.

Mrs raid hadn't tried McCoys yet and loved them so looking forward to forcing all the flavours upon her.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Edit: according to Google it was Balti Curry. Don't remember that at all.

I remember it now. It used to leave me with red fingertips from the dust.

• 2 weeks later...

Monthly crisp nonce update.

Herrs Carolina Reaper Cheese Curls

Firstly these were great. Spicy, but not too much, and a strong consistency. Could've had more in the bag but that's by the by. Oh also, don't call them cheese curls you yankee doodles. A cheese curl is a quaver shape. These are puffs. 8/10

spacer.png

Lays Moutarde A L'Ancienne (Old Mustard?)

These came smashed and open which annoyed me obviously, and I was expecting a stronger mustard flavour, but very decent. 7/10

spacer.png

Lays Saveur Spicy

Excellent. A tangy spicy flavour that was strong enough and a decent covering. Will definitely buy again. 8/10

spacer.png

Chipoys Fire Red Hot 

Honestly one of the best crisps I have ever had. Really spicy, but not too much, and a slightly sweet spicy taste. I had to leave about 5 in the pack as I wanted my ex to try them and believe me I was fuming. Need to get back and purchase more ASAP. 10/10

spacer.png

Just now, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Sorry mate. I thought that's what you were getting these from as you mentioned a snack box. Is it crisps mixed with other snacks ?

It is (I get a Snackd box for the youngest) but actually none of the latest ones came in the box, I bought them from various shops/websites.

I'm yet to find an all crisp "surprise" box and would sign up in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Chipoys Fire Red Hot 

Honestly one of the best crisps I have ever had. Really spicy, but not too much, and a slightly sweet spicy taste. I had to leave about 5 in the pack as I wanted my ex to try them and believe me I was fuming. Need to get back and purchase more ASAP. 10/10

Where did you get these? They sound great! I love a spicy crisp.