The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Louch said:

Please no. Keep him the fuck away from the dark order if they do 

I'll give anyone a chance, his booking was unforgivable at times but he had some wonderful flourishes. Yeah his in ring rarely ever worked but again it was pretty painful booking 90% of the time. But yeah as far as I'm concerned the Dark Order are strictly off limits unless it's a proper programme to to feed with him.

4 minutes ago, DEF said:

I'll give anyone a chance, his booking was unforgivable at times but he had some wonderful flourishes. Yeah his in ring rarely ever worked but again it was pretty painful booking 90% of the time. But yeah as far as I'm concerned the Dark Order are strictly off limits unless it's a proper programme to to feed with him.

There’s too many ex wwe names coming in at once. Give him six months to go do anything else. The balance of not being wwe lite is getting more precarious the more cast off guys brought in. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

There’s too many ex wwe names coming in at once. Give him six months to go do anything else. The balance of not being wwe lite is getting more precarious the more cast off guys brought in. 

I'm with you. That makes sense. I think I would hold off too. Try and get the fiend stink off first and also give Punk and Danielson time to settle. I whole heartedly don't want AEW guys to go the back of the queue. But they have done such a good job of rotating a huge roster that I'm willing to let them be the judge. It's not like Thunder when no one ever made it to Nitro unless they were going to job.

There’s needs to be a purge of guys out as contracts come to an end. There’s a lotta people signed up early to fill the roster that haven’t progressed beyond what they initially brought, or there are people there doing better things. Many of them I like and enjoy their act, but I’ve seen it all from them. 

8 hours ago, Louch said:

Agreed. I don’t want to see people like Jungle Boy, Darby, Cargill, Wardlow, Dante Martin or Hangman pushed off the card to make room for a Bray Wyatt, or Adam Cole. I’d rather see the women’s division get more time, or time devoted to showcasing new, talented wrestlers.

9 hours ago, Louch said:

Please no. Keep him the fuck away from the dark order if they do 

Having said that, I’m not completely against this. TDO are pretty vulnerable after losing Page, so having Wyatt attempt to manipulate them could be a compelling storyline. The conclusion could be someone like John Silver or Evil Uno see through his bullshit and stand up to him, giving them a lift in their roads to a higher place on the card.

My main worry is that they veer into the supernatural with Wyatt, which I don’t, under any circumstance, want to see.

The dark order blur to a real life thing that happened. Being the leader of DO sits like a retired jersey for Brody. All the dark order guys have said they never want a new leader as he was their guy. Just stay away from that kinda story altogether, they have respected Brody brilliantly so far, it doesn’t need touched. 

Edited by Louch

If Bray is coming in I hope he is used as fiery southern babyface. Black has the unhinged psycho act balanced well without it being too hokey so we don't really need Bray coming in and shooting lightning etc. 

In all honesty as much as I like Bray I really can't see where he would fit in AEW. 

4 minutes ago, Louch said:

The dark order blur to a real life thing that happened. Being the leader of DO sits like a retired jersey for Brody. All the dark order guys have said they never want a new leader as he was there guy. Just stay away from that kinda story altogether, they have respected Brody brilliantly so far, it doesn’t need touched. 

He doesn’t necessarily need to be their leader - that’s not what I mean. They also don’t need to (and indeed shouldn’t) reference Brodie in a distasteful, WWE-like way. But Wyatt’s history as a cult leader makes him the perfect person to attempt to manipulate TDO for his own ends, with the eventual outcome, rather than Wyatt being successful, being a match between Wyatt and a DO standout like Silver or Uno. 

Ultimately, if they’re going to bring in Wyatt I’d prefer that he be used to help someone new break through. I don’t want to see him wrestle someone already established like Cody or Jericho.

I wonder if they are planning for Rampage to be a 2 hour show on a different night when they move to TBS? Just not enough air time now for their roster, even with a 1 hour Rampage.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

There’s needs to be a purge of guys out as contracts come to an end.

I think this is what we'll see, yeah. Although it's effectively the same thing, I think they'll not re-sign people as opposed to "releasing" them, because as everyone on Twitter knows, releasing someone from their contract is the most evil thing you can do and once you employ someone you owe them a job for life even if they aren't performing as you thought they might or you no longer need them.

RE: Bray Wyatt, assuming he has been suffering with mental health difficulties since Brodie's passing as reported, I wonder if he'd even want to step into those shoes at all, and if he does I can't imagine he'd want to do it in an evil manipulator role. I know it's all fiction (and I know that evil manipulator was the role Brodie was playing) but that seems like it'd be an incredibly hard role to play if you are proper broken up over your mate's death.

Regardles, like others I'm all in on throwback fiery  Southern babyface arse kicker and much less interested in a Fiend rehash. Put him in some camo shorts & a stars 'n' stripes tank top & give me "The U.S. Express" Windham Rotunda please.

7 minutes ago, Statto said:

RE: Bray Wyatt, assuming he has been suffering with mental health difficulties since Brodie's passing as reported, I wonder if he'd even want to step into those shoes at all, and if he does I can't imagine he'd want to do it in an evil manipulator role. I know it's all fiction (and I know that evil manipulator was the role Brodie was playing) but that seems like it'd be an incredibly hard role to play if you are proper broken up over your mate's death.

The mental health rumours were debunked by Sean Ross Sapp and others. I’m not sure who originally reported them, but Sapp was scathing about their general credibility.

If AEW keep bringing in WWE guys, then they'll end up guilty of one of the things, which is fostering the perception that outsiders or WWE legends are always better than their own roster. If TV spots keep going to 15 year vets who've been treading water for 5 of them, what message does that send to the Baron Blacks and Masha Slamoviches on Dark and Elevation, who've turned up week on week grafting to improve?

22 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

If AEW keep bringing in WWE guys, then they'll end up guilty of one of the things, which is fostering the perception that outsiders or WWE legends are always better than their own roster. If TV spots keep going to 15 year vets who've been treading water for 5 of them, what message does that send to the Baron Blacks and Masha Slamoviches on Dark and Elevation, who've turned up week on week grafting to improve?

I agree, with the caveat that it depends on what you do with them. Matt Hardy has proved to be a fairly pointless addition, but the slow build to, presumably, Christian vs Jungle Boy has been a lot of fun.

Miro feels far removed from Rusev, and Black has been fairly interesting so far. Andrade has had a mixed start, but on the whole, I think the ex-WWE stars have been positive additions to the AEW roster. 

In fact, if I was to trim the roster, I’d ditch very few of them. Brian Cage, QT Marshall, Luther, Alan Angels, Yuka Sakazaki and Emi Sakura all feel very disposable, as does Matt Hardy and the HFO, outside of perhaps Private Party. Very few AEW wrestlers feel like they’re worth getting rid of, so credit to the company for that.