WWE Extreme Rules 2019

WeeAl

I just read the spoilers in the end. Honestly, Fight for the Fallen made this show look like a complete waste of time to me. 

That main event just killed my overall interest in the end. I couldn't give a fuck about The Universal Title, Becky Lynch or Brock Lesnar anymore. As great as it is to get the belt off of Seth, the Brock Lesnar well is empty to me. He's never there, he never puts anybody over clean and even when he kinda does (Seth) he's lost so much value it means fuck all. Back to square one.

They need to let Seth/Becky go their separate ways and pretend this onscreen couple thing never happened. They're beyond stupid if they don't drop it tomorrow night. Seriously, who even likes them now? Even their fans are shitting on it and it's hurting them both. Give poor Becky something half-decent to do for fucks sake. They've got the fucking t-shirt out now, . 

I think they've got no idea what they're gonna do with Bray Wyatt.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Given that being beaten by Lesnar nullifies Seth's "Beastslayer" nickname, I'm convinced that the last month has been a conscious exercise in emasculating Seth Rollins. 

Some of the show was good - I liked Kofi/Joe, Black/Cesaro and the tag match was decent - but the marquee matches were the opener and the main event and they were both shit. The good parts were good but not memorable - in a week's time I'd struggle to tell you a single thing that happened. I'm very close to just tapping out on the WWE product altogether, because even when it's good it's not doing anything for me any more - there's something about the brightly lit arenas, and announcers talking at a constant pitch, that kills any sense of importance or relevance.

There was a point in Cesaro/Black where the crowd go from near complete silence to the shittest "this is awesome" chant ever. They're visibly blank-faced, doing rubbish golf claps, get out three go-rounds of "this is awesome, clapclapclap", then shut up again. It's such an emotionless, rote response. And in fucking Philadelphia.

• Paid Members

I just read about the show this morning. Sounded like a good effort with some good matches but that's not been the problem for years. The guys generally delvier in-ring every month. The build and lack of buzz should be what worries them.

That all they've got coming out of it is the belt back on Lesnar so we're just back where we were six months ago, and a year ago, and two years ago and three years ago is worrying. Hopefully we see a real shake-up heading into SummerSlam.

• Paid Members

At one point someone, I think Charly Caruso, said "who knows if we'll ever see The Undertaker and Roman Reigns team up again!". Given that they produced merch for them as a team that went on sale after this PPV, I'd say they're a dead cert for Summerslam, question is who they'll be facing.

Night and day compared to Stomping Grounds. You've got to at least appreciate that. I really enjoyed having it in the background this morning, to be honest. The product is full of little touches all of a sudden that would indicate that writers, segment producers and individual talent are at least trying to have a go of it. Invariably they're still playing out in a format and presentation that's sterile. The whole kit and caboodle needs to change, but this show was still without a doubt on the thumbs up side of things. 

I almost feel bad for Rollins, now. He's not a bad guy, and I was one of the ones who previously soured on the repetitions of Brock Lesnar's part time dominance, but I must admit it feels good having the belt on a proper star in time for SummerSlam. 

If anything it increases the likelihood that the second biggest show of the year will have a marquee grudge scrap for the title on it. Rather than a Rollins Vs. Indie "let's both just go out and tear the house down with our wrestling!" non event. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

There was a point in Cesaro/Black where the crowd go from near complete silence to the shittest "this is awesome" chant ever. They're visibly blank-faced, doing rubbish golf claps, get out three go-rounds of "this is awesome, clapclapclap", then shut up again. It's such an emotionless, rote response. And in fucking Philadelphia.

Noticed this too and it does really stick out. It obviously isn’t awesome, otherwise the crowd would’ve been making some fucking noise. To be fair though, they hadn’t been given a whole lot to make noise for in that match. I know that Black has always been kickey in his matches, but he practically wore the button out here.

“Enjoy it while you can, because we don’t know how many matches The Deadman has left”- hopefully not many, he should’ve packed it in years ago and made way for new stars. And it’s for reasons like this why they have no stars now, because they’ve kept the relics around because people won’t let go of their precious Attitude Era. “You’ve still got it!” No he doesn’t, and he hasn’t for fucking years

I found this show a real slog. I fast forwarded through most of the matches because I just couldn’t bring myself to care. I was all in for Brock cashing in on Kofi, but I just don’t care about another Brock Universal title reign. 

I do wonder if they’re going to go for something slightly different and have Brock announce he’s going after the WWE title next so he can become the first person to hold both belts, before Roman Reigns defeats him once again.

I much preferred Fight for the Fallen, as flawed as it was. At least AEW feels fresh and adventurous. WWE is just plain boring.

• Paid Members

When Big E got put in the lebell lock, I thought "huh, I thought they were protecting him" then he hulked up and looked awesome and it occurred to me that he took out both of heavy machinery at the same time, then took out rowan, then took out Bryan (who made him look like an absolute star). 

He's got to be turning on kofi soon. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Duke said:

When Big E got put in the lebell lock, I thought "huh, I thought they were protecting him" then he hulked up and looked awesome and it occurred to me that he took out both of heavy machinery at the same time, then took out rowan, then took out Bryan (who made him look like an absolute star). 

He's got to be turning on kofi soon. 

I really hope not, the potential for Big E as a credible, likeable top babyface is near limitless

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I really hope not, the potential for Big E as a credible, likeable top babyface is near limitless

Absolutely, but they book heels stronger, so he'll need to go heel first. 

I remember when these things were 2 and a half hours. Feels like a fitting way to sum this up, a potentially class show being a mediocre one thanks to just burning everyone out. Crowd was pretty dead all night, it hurt things I had interest in like Ricochet/Styles, Kofi/Joe and Black/Cesaro. Astoundingly, the only match that had the crowd sounding decent was  Lashley v Strowman, which was way more fun than it had any right being. It was sloppy and last man standing is a pretty stupid stipulation, but it was definitely more entertaining than it should've been. Not sure if it's match of the night, because Otis & Tucker added nothing, but moment of the night was definitely the extended bit between Bryan & Big E in the smackdown tag - LOVED that shit. Daniel Bryan is the only wrestler on their books who can make me ignore WWE is in a bad state product-wise. They have so much talent everywhere you look, but Bryan is the only one who can make this whole current package seem not crap, with just a few minutes of magic. Undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time, hope he fucks off somewhere else before he retires.

Taker match seemed like it could've gone worse, main event was crap. Fuck knows where they go with Brock this time, but it is funny to see all the stockholm-syndrome lads absolutely distraught about this, and I'd take him over Seth every day of the week.

Edited by sj5522

Brock is beating Seth at Summerslam in the same manner he beat Cena at Summerslam. It’ll be Vince’s way of saying thanks/sorry to Brock for putting Rollins over at Mania. 

I’m not a fan of Brock with the title again but the really sad thing is that I can’t think of a better option. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Brock is beating Seth at Summerslam in the same manner he beat Cena at Summerslam. It’ll be Vince’s way of saying thanks/sorry to Brock for putting Rollins over at Mania. 

I’m not a fan of Brock with the title again but the really sad thing is that I can’t think of a better option. 

There isn't a better option. WWE going back to Brock is sensible. WWE having to go back to Brock because they've completely killed his successor three times now should worry them enough to make them completely change aspects of their booking.

It's like when you read stuff like this below and you can only laugh because the point should be 100% spot on but you know he's got absolutely no chance in this environment. 

4 hours ago, mim731 said: