WWE Extreme Rules 2019

WeeAl

Oh God...Shane's gonna try something big off the top and Taker's gonna sit up so we get the shocked McMahon face. Gotta say I'm warming to the idea of Corbin laying out Becky for the win, heck if it were still Attitude era, have him missionary pin her for extra non-PG points.

• Paid Members

This show, or the Raw that follows, has to be Bray’s debut, surely? The vignettes have stopped and they don’t even show the puppets backstage anymore.

I like the idea of him showing up in the mask at Extreme Rules and just causing absolute carnage, then coming out as the happy, smiley guy on Raw and acting like nothing’s happened. 

If you really want to make Joe into a legit main event star, have him win the title and then beat Brock after he cashes in, turning him face in the process.

Joe lies in the ring exhausted, Brock comes down all smug, picks up Joe for the F5, Joe turns it into the Clutch and chokes him out.

Brock can demand a rematch for Summerslam next week.  That'd be a fiery main event.

39 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It's a weird feeling heading into a WWE PPV and just not caring about any of the results. Even a couple of years ago I'd have been thinking 'christ, I hope they don't have Jinder Mahal win the title', but now I'm just not bothered who wins what.

Me neither. There was a time when I felt really invested in Joe winning the belt, but at the moment I just don’t care and I’m not even sure if I can get that investment back. 

22 hours ago, Loki said:

If you really want to make Joe into a legit main event star, have him win the title and then beat Brock after he cashes in, turning him face in the process.

Joe lies in the ring exhausted, Brock comes down all smug, picks up Joe for the F5, Joe turns it into the Clutch and chokes him out.

Brock can demand a rematch for Summerslam next week.  That'd be a fiery main event.

Joe had an excellent feud with Lesnar last year and was presented as a viable threat throughout. I did feel the resulting match wasn't quite as grand as it could have been due it being p.short, so I was hoping since then they'd revisit the feud. I've also been wondering what/if Lesnar will be at Summerslam, because surely he will be as he always has a match at the event.

3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Has Taker got money issues or something?

I read he does, but don't know if that was true.  Someone said his outside businesses have all lost him a massive amount of money.

Thing is, it's not money issues that a normal person would consider to be money issues.  But when you buy a house for $5 million and get used to that lifestyle and it costs $1 million a year to maintain that massive property and you stop working that money's still going to run out eventually, so rather than downgrade his lifestyle he carries on working.  Probably getting paid massive money for the handful of matches he has a year and the alternative option of doing meet and greets and Q&As is probably not as appealing and not as lucrative.  I doubt he's short of money, but he still doesn't want what he does have to run out.

I've only been watching PPVs for a while, what  is the deal with the Nikki Cross stuff? It seems really bizarre that they have apparently got rid of her gimmick when they need a few more gimmicks.

1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

I've only been watching PPVs for a while, what  is the deal with the Nikki Cross stuff? It seems really bizarre that they have apparently got rid of her gimmick when they need a few more gimmicks.

Well, they aimed for Nikki being manipulated by Bliss, but somewhere between inception and execution, it got rewritten a million times, Vince said that's the shit, and we get to today.