WWE Extreme Rules 2019

WeeAl

• Paid Members

Pointless getting too upset about Brock getting the belt back; it's not like the telly has seen an upward shift in quality since they've had a full-time champion back on Raw. Seth Rollins has proven himself twice now to be an abysmal big belt champion and as shit as Bret Hart says he is.

I like the Reigns/Taker tag team. Taker is absolutely shocking, but this is the best use of him now - entrance and all his trademarks spots. I'm also excited about it continuing into some sort of New Day & Browan (yes!) triple threat. Of course, I'll bring up the potential of a Reigns heel turn, seeing as they've completely sucked the life out of him since that incredible comeback. Reigns turning on Taker on the debut Smackdown on FOX would be boss. 

Edited by ColinBollocks

I thought the show was decent although did go in with low expectations. Also thought the crowd were louder than most at PPV's.

Black/Cesaro, Strowman/Lashley & US Title matches were all decent matches. 

I wasn't too bothered about the main event but did like Corbin taking Becky Lynch out at the end and calling Rollins a little shit, the only thing I didn't like about Brock's cash in was that it didn't feel like the right moment or even surprise. It's not as if Seth just finished a hell in a cell match or went through a gruelling match, he just did three angry curb stomps and then gets taken out just like that.

I'd have rather Corbin took out Becky Lynch for the win (in typical Corbin heel fashion), take the win, celebrate with Lacey Evans then have Brock come out to squash him in seconds, that would have at the very least got a pop, Seth could say he wasn't pinned/beaten & Corbin would moan as Corbin does with a reaction as no one likes him. 

Edited by Briefcase

On 7/13/2019 at 6:02 PM, Loki said:

If you really want to make Joe into a legit main event star, have him win the title and then beat Brock after he cashes in, turning him face in the process.

Joe lies in the ring exhausted, Brock comes down all smug, picks up Joe for the F5, Joe turns it into the Clutch and chokes him out.

Brock can demand a rematch for Summerslam next week.  That'd be a fiery main event.

Or, you know, just have him beaten clean by The Man With No Chest.  Back down the snake to the mid card with you Joe!

Fuck's sake.

Taker did look p.good tbh. The match and setting certainly suited him as he didn't have to solo carry all the work for 15+ minutes. You could tell he's been training and lost some weight and I guess he's really trying to give it his best shot to continue a while longer. Shame about the tombstone spot but apart from that, he hit his spots well enough and I found it a fun match.

• Paid Members

I didn't expect Lashley Vs Strowman to be the most enjoyable match on the show, but it was. Fair play to the two big lads. 

Glad to see a main event belt back on a proper main eventer, the only one that is really left these days, in Lesnar. 

• Paid Members

I thought everything over delivered.

Opening tag was arguably Taker’s best match since the CM Punk bout at Wrestlemania 29, Last Man Standing was a great return to form for Strowman, doing what he does best with big, stupid, daft stunts, the fantastic three-way tag proved why Big E and Daniel Bryan should be at the top of the card, Cesaro and Black was a belter and even Seth looked boss for those few moments when he went apeshit following Corbin’s attack of Becky. 

I also found Brock’s Title win hilarious. It was like when Cena returned at Royal Rumble 2008. The crowd were going nuts with excitement as he cashed in, then the moment he scored the three count they remembered they’d been conditioned to hate Brock as champion and instantly booed and went quiet.

Plus, this is the best pro-wrestling cinematography since Ibushi and Ospreay’s top-rope hurricarana spot.

Edited by Supremo

That's better than the Ospreay/Ibushi spot by my estimation, because one of them actually looks like a badass rather than two blokes doing shocked faces going "wow, athleticisms huh?"

Just caught up and thought it was a strong show. Loved Cesaro/Black for what it was, the Last Man Standing match was fun, Ricochet/Styles and the three way were always going to be good and the two big tag matches were pretty decent. Hope Brock isn't champion for too long as he's still as boring as shit, I know Rollins hasn't exactly been great as champion but there aren't exactly many challengers for him. 

• Paid Members

Strowman/Lashley was bags of fun, love a hoss brawl. Taker looked good also away from the Sauna of Saudi Arabia. No complaints about Brock as champion again, Rollins and Lynch have been dire since going on screen with their relationship.