All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

just an absolute prick. 

I know this sort of thing has been done to death, but I have mates who live in a rented flat with no oven. When I was last flat-hunting, one of the places I looked at had no fridge. And that's before the ridiculous increases in energy costs to contend with lately. You can't learn to cook and budget your way out of poverty, or out of an environment that doesn't facilitate you being able to cook properly. Problem is, half the country are going to listen to that and think he's speaking Common Sense, because they have no idea what being poor feels like, or how close they are to it at any given moment, and some of them are going to post shitty photos of shitty meals you can make for 35p and insist that people be further punished for their poverty by having to live off calorie-deficient, boring, bland food that actually costs a lot more than that anyway.

My brother had to go to a food bank for his Christmas dinner a couple of years ago because almost all of his jobs dried up, so he had no money to pay for it. He used to be a pub cook, and traps, kills, and cooks rabbits and pheasants as part of his current job, so the idea that people like him had to resort to food banks because he can't cook or can't budget, rather than because he effectively lost his sole source of income (while going through a divorce) and still had four kids to feed, is ridiculous. But if you're a Tory millionaire, you can't fathom that a household budget doesn't stretch to cover the eventuality of losing all of your income when you're more or less living hand-to-mouth anyway. It's one of the most frustrating things about the whole Tory idea of the undeserving poor, that, even after a pandemic that saw countless people unable to work, they can't fathom that you could become poor and desperate, they just see it as an innate order of being.

There's absolutely nothing shameful about having to rely on food banks, soup kitchens, Langars, or any other community support, and the people who volunteer or donate to places like that are heroes. There is definitely something shameful in presiding over a government that has massively increased the need for those resources, and having the audacity to blame the people using them for their poverty.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Pasta butties

It's like a continental version of the old toast butty they used to talk about during the war. 

Mind you, I'm one to talk. If I was living alone and on a budget my diet would most likely be a packet of noodles with a tin of beans (or occasionally beans & sausage if I'm feeling fancy) thrown into it. Lived off that in Uni.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

35p a meal? Alright then. Presumably it's salad every day. 

My usual response to those costings of nutritional meals is along the lines of “Wow that sounds fantastic! Which supermarket sells you 2p worth of tomato purée and 10p worth of lentils? Scoop and save?

Plus the dozy cunt saying people can’t cook, that’s why they use food banks. Do they think they dish out hot ready cooked meals? The fuck do they think happens when they get the food parcel home? Just eat it from the can like in I Daniel Blake?

Worth noting Lee Anderson was a Labour councillor until very recently. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Plus the dozy cunt saying people can’t cook, that’s why they use food banks. Do they think they dish out hot ready cooked meals? The fuck do they think happens when they get the food parcel home? Just eat it from the can like in I Daniel Blake?

There's also the added slap that a lot of people, because of the shitty wages enforced by successive governments, are now time-poor because they have to work more hours of the day than will allow them enough time to cook. 

What a fucking cunt.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Worth noting Lee Anderson was a Labour councillor until very recently. 

Yes, he's a bit of a prick, and memorable to me for being so thick that he actually got busted setting up a chance encounter with a mate as a "random" constituent. They likely all do it but not when they're mic'ed up!

8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

There's also the added slap that a lot of people, because of the shitty wages enforced by successive governments, are now time-poor because they have to work more hours of the day than will allow them enough time to cook. 

What a fucking cunt.

One of the most disgusting things about the last twelve years for me is the way this shit is treated like the opening of a new sports centre and not a shameful testimony to failure  

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One of the most disgusting things about the last twelve years for me is the way this shit is treated like the opening of a new sports centre and not a shameful testimony to failure  

The MP in question called into James O'Brien's LBC show yesterday to defend himself. He called up in the first 30 minutes if you want a listen, but an article about it here https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-skewers-dartford-council-leader-over-food-bank-photo/

Spoiler

It didn't go well for the Tory

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yes, he's a bit of a prick, and memorable to me for being so thick that he actually got busted setting up a chance encounter with a mate as a "random" constituent. They likely all do it but not when they're mic'ed up!

Thing that gets me these days is that when confronted with stuff like this people just go "well they are all upto it ain't they" and continue to vote the same way. Its such the sports fan model of never admitting that the player on your team is a piece of shit. More proof that football is ruining society.

1 hour ago, neil said:

Thing that gets me these days is that when confronted with stuff like this people just go "well they are all upto it ain't they" and continue to vote the same way.

Exactly what happened tonight when BBC News asked the man on the street for his informed opinion on 100 fines being handed out over government lockdown parties.

His platformed, unchallenged message to the nation was that they're all at it so it doesn't bother him much.

Edited by Uncle Zeb