Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

First movie is possibly the most forgettable movie I've ever watched. 

I mean opinions are a thing but... forgettable? Joaquin playing with his face and his laugh, the stand up routines, Robert DeNiro being good for the first time in 30 years, the dance down the steps... dislike it by all means but forgettable is a bonkers take. 

• Paid Members

I’m with Onyx2. While I didn’t like it, I think it was pretty memorable. Phoenix’s performance is great, DeNiro was good. There was Gary Glitter music being played for no reason in one of the biggest grossing films of the year, we got another Bruce Wayne backstory and not enough Marc Maron.

• Awards Moderator

Surprised how many didn't get along with it. It was my favourite film of the year. But I am a raging incel so there's that. 

HA SUPERHERO FILMS TAKE OVER ANOTHER THREAD 

Todd Phillips doing another Scorsese rip off then with New York, New York.

I didn't mind JOKER. I admired that it tried to do something a little different with that genre of film, but I only saw it once and have no compulsion to watch it again. Glad Phoenix won an Oscar though. I know they mean shit but he's a superb actor when on form