Television Holy Grails

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Lost and assumed deleted TV in here please. I dunno if anyone here's heard of Hardwicke House? It was a much plugged sitcom pulled after it's first two episodes by ITV in 1987, well it's finally appeared on youtube due to a former sound tech nat Central Television. It's got Roy Kinnear and ROGER FUCKING SLOMAN in it, so it's gotta be decent enough Indeed this episode has Rik and Ade in it.

Here's the channel with the rest of them on. And a load of Playbus.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tvpickle33/videos

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

For me, that was Yellowthread Street. Loved it as a kid (even though it probably wasn't all that good). Looking back on the presentation, it was basically an attempt to create a UK version of Miami Vice, but the nearest we had to Miami glam that had enough crime to make it sort of plausible was Hong Kong. Wasn't very successful. Couldn't find it for years, but somebody uploaded whatever has been obtainable of the series to YouTube.

• Moderators

Did it finish its TV run? Or has it been entirely missing like Hardwicke House.?Holy Grail in a Hardwicke House/Turn-On sense. Not something that's just been a bugger to find. Think Battle of Atlanta/Magee vs Hart. Not 2001 episodes of Worldwide. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Does anyone remember this kid's show? It was called Candle Cove and I must have been 6 or 7. I never found reference to it anywhere so I think it was on a local station around 1971 or 1972. I lived in Ironton at the time. I don't remember which station, but I do remember it was on at a weird time, like 4:00 PM.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Did it finish its TV run? Or has it been entirely missing like Hardwicke House.?Holy Grail in a Hardwicke House/Turn-On sense. Not something that's just been a bugger to find. Think Battle of Atlanta/Magee vs Hart. Not 2001 episodes of Worldwide. 

It finished its first and only season, but it hasn't been available anywhere to watch at all until that YouTube upload. Until either last year or the year previous, you could only see the opening intro video.

There is one other series I remember from CITV back in the late 80s, and I may have misremembered the title, but I think it was called The Sea Dragon - was about a young shepherd in Anglo-Saxon Britain who gets taken captive in a Viking raid. He eventually befriends the young leader of the expedition, who's about the same age (late teens), and they go on to become blood brothers (one of the scenes I remember was the blood-bonding ceremony they did). Can't remember how it finishes though. Have searched via various means, but was never able to find it.

EDIT: Just did a Google search, seems someone's put up a bare-bones description of what might be it on IMDB - no plot synopsis or anything, just cast.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The pilot for "Oh no, not them!" Which was the American remake of the Young Ones. It had Nigel Planer reprising the role of Neil and had Jackie Earl Haley as one of the other lads. It wasn't picked up and I've never seen the pilot but I'd like to. 

I saw this recently on a website. It seems to be the only footage that ever leaked.

There are a few of the american remakes of UK shows where clips have shown up and nothing more. And of what I saw of the Peep Show, Only Fools and Horses and Spaced remakes, I saw too much

• Paid Members

There was an American show on late night Channel 4 back in 1999 called Vengeance Unlimited which starred Michael Madsen as a guy who called himself Mr Chapel. He'd randomly appear in the lives of somebody who's found themselves on the wrong end of a massive injustice and fixes it for them for either $1,000,000 or a single favour. It was like a grown up A-Team almost in terms of the structure etc. I think it had one series, which aired once. I managed to download them all a few years back, but that hard drive fried. 

@Hannibal Scorch The shot for shot, line for line American remake of Coupling is the worst. Although them completely managing to botch Red Dwarf twice comes pretty close. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

@Hannibal Scorch The shot for shot, line for line American remake of Coupling is the worst. Although them completely managing to botch Red Dwarf twice comes pretty close. 

They did similar with the first season of the US Office which was cringe before surpassing the original 

@scratchdj - reminds me of this:

There was another blooper show hosted by Angus Deayton, I think it was sometime between 99-01. TVs naughtiest blunders or something like that. It had a newsreader called (I think) Stuart Norble having his face turned purple by some wayward vfx/key effect, followed by a clip of him obviously being aware of the problem and flubbing his lines so he says "shitting" instead of "shipping". I had it on a VHS for years, along with some secretly recorded shots of free to air boobs.